Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speedometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Petepat
So I've got my speedometer out of my 72 914 and have opened it up. I need to get the needle off to get the faceplate off to fix the thing, the problem is trying to remove the needle, it's stuck solid or is there a simple way to remove it I don't know of? All suggestions welcomed.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
send it to Hartmut at palo alto speedometer

QUOTE(Petepat @ Aug 31 2023, 07:19 AM) *

So I've got my speedometer out of my 72 914 and have opened it up. I need to get the needle off to get the faceplate off to fix the thing, the problem is trying to remove the needle, it's stuck solid or is there a simple way to remove it I don't know of? All suggestions welcomed.

87m491
Generally it is a twist and pull for the older analog dials of this type. Of course you also have to immobilze the speedo shaft to affect this.

QUOTE(Petepat @ Aug 31 2023, 06:19 AM) *

914Sixer
Take small salad fork and lift up
ClayPerrine
Pry upward with a plastic trim removal tool.

The plastic will keep you from marring the front face of the gauge.

Petepat
Thanks guys the salads fork did the trick!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.