Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Identifying 914 2.0 EFI Components
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Miniwerks
I have a 76 914 that is currently running Solex carbs, runs great so I don't plan to mess with it for now but another 914 owner gave me his EFI equipment from his 74 2.0. I would like to restore what is good and replace what is bad but first need to identify what is missing, then determine what can be saved and what will need to be replaced. I know I am missing a smog pump and drive pulley required for CA. I have read that sourcing some of these parts new can be a challenge but fortunately I am not in a rush since I can enjoy the car as is. When I decide to part with the car, I thought it would be nice to have the option to revert to EFI if next owner wanted to. Any pointers on building a complete and operational system? I have much higher res photos if needed.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
brant
It is not EFI
It is djet.
Not electronic
windforfun
I thought the ECU was hard wired. Mine is on my "73 1.7.

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
brant
You’ve got 90 percent of the parts
Some part was likely bad causing P.O. to remove it

You’ve got
Aar
MPs ( test for vacuum. Most of the originals have failed by now)
Fuel regulator
Injectors
Distributor
ECU
Plenum
Air box
And the intake runners with throttle body

Needs a cht (easy)

I have a full smog system for sale. The pump drive (rubber) is failing but mine has all of the brackets and hardware
Miniwerks
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 9 2023, 01:48 PM) *

It is not EFI
It is djet.
Not electronic

Good to know, this is all new to me.
Miniwerks
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 9 2023, 01:56 PM) *

You’ve got 90 percent of the parts
Some part was likely bad causing P.O. to remove it

You’ve got
Aar
MPs ( test for vacuum. Most of the originals have failed by now)
Fuel regulator
Injectors
Distributor
ECU
Plenum
Air box
And the intake runners with throttle body

Needs a cht (easy)

I have a full smog system for sale. The pump drive (rubber) is failing but mine has all of the brackets and hardware

Excuse my ignorance but what is "cht"? Will contact you about the smog pump.
JeffBowlsby
Looks to me that you are only missing:

Fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
TS2 cyl head temp sensor
Oil filler tower with PCV valve
Spark arrestor
2pc ECU mounting bracket
Charcoal canister mounting bracket.
Ignition harness
Likely missing a few nuts/washers.

You should replace the hoses gaskets and air/fuel filters. Send the injectors out for cleaning and pressure testing. The FI harness needs replacement.

While you may have the components, you need to verify that they are the correct parts for your engine and that they function. High probability 1 or more are defective or worn out and need replacement. Each component can be individually tested.

DJetronic fuel injection is electronic fuel injection (EFI) by definition. It’s not mechanical fuel injection.
Miniwerks
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 9 2023, 02:49 PM) *

Fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
TS2 cyl head temp sensor
Spark arrestor
2pc ECU mounting bracket
Ignition harness

You should replace the hoses gaskets and air/fuel filters. Send the injectors out for cleaning and pressure testing. The FI harness needs replacement.

While you may have the components, you need to verify that they are the correct parts for your engine and that they function. High probability 1 or more are defective or worn out and need replacement. Each component can be individually tested.

DJetronic fuel injection is electronic fuel injection (EFI) by definition. It’s not mechanical fuel injection.

Thank you Jeff, this is such great reference material. Looks like you will be a terrific resource for harnesses, I see on your page the fuel injection harness for 73-74 is different than 76 however if my other components are from a 74 I assume I would use the GA-code harness but is it compatible with my GC-code engine? Might there be other conflicts if I install the 74 setup on a 76?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Miniwerks @ Sep 9 2023, 03:47 PM) *

Fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
TS2 cyl head temp sensor
Spark arrestor
2pc ECU mounting bracket
Ignition harness

Thank you Jeff, this is such great reference material. Looks like you will be a terrific resource for harnesses, I see on your page the fuel injection harness for 73-74 is different than 76 however if my other components are from a 74 I assume I would use the GA-code harness but is it compatible with my GC-code engine? Might there be other conflicts if I install the 74 setup on a 76?

The 74 FI can be mounted on a 76 GC engine no issues. Just be sure all the FI parts are correct for a complete 74 system.
Miniwerks
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 9 2023, 03:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Miniwerks @ Sep 9 2023, 03:47 PM) *

Fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
TS2 cyl head temp sensor
Spark arrestor
2pc ECU mounting bracket
Ignition harness

The 74 FI can be mounted on a 76 GC engine no issues. Just be sure all the FI parts are correct for a complete 74 system.

Excellent, thanks. Will proceed with 74 parts and repair/restoration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.