Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Trying to figure out why my fuel pump stopped working.
I have watched George Hussey's video on the relay board and have gone through some
of the troubleshooting points on Jeff Bowlsby's guides so I am not done but had these two questions.

Can I direct wire the fuel pump to the battery to see if it works? If I mix up the wire connections on the pump, will it burn up?

I have checked the wire to the fuel pump with a 12v test light with the key on, but test light does not light up. Shouldn't this wire be hot with the key on?
Where should I look to see why I am not getting power?

Thank you for your help.

Ed
Superhawk996
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Sep 11 2023, 10:26 PM) *

Can I direct wire the fuel pump to the battery to see if it works? If I mix up the wire connections on the pump, will it burn up?

Yes pump can be powered direct from the Battery to test pump

It is always a possibility to burn wiring up if you connect 12+ directly to ground or vice versa so make sure you know what you’re doing and where you’re connecting power to. Especially when using unfused “test” wiring.

If the pump is wired backward, 12v + to negative terminal and vice versa, the pump will run backwards (assuming you have one of the stock two wire pumps).

Continue to follow Bowlsby trouble shooting guide.
Superhawk996
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.