Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter Dowel Pin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stoneman30hotmail
I'm surprised not to find this asked and answered already. I'm sure this picture is common. How do you get that pin out?
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
press it out.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you will have to soak that one for a while in pb blaster and then TRY to press it out. If not, cut it out and buy a new pin and two new delrin bushings
we have all here for you if needed
rjames
QUOTE(stoneman30hotmail @ Sep 14 2023, 10:12 AM) *

I'm surprised not to find this asked and answered already. I'm sure this picture is common. How do you get that pin out?

It's been asked and answered many times. smile.gif Try using Google as your search engine for the site and preceding the text you want to search with '914world'.
rhodyguy
Consider buying a less rusty one. That one is a job for Aerokroil. Might work. Eventually. Ak has gotten incredibly expensive. When sourcing new bushings, get a couple of new, one time use, set screws and a new ball cup bushing. At a minimum. Just replace all linkage related bushings. Use the old set screws for set up and swap the old ones out last thing.
mb911
That’s an easy press out. Just did one today
Dr Evil
50:50 ATF and acetone is superior to the other lubricants offered up here. Cheap, too. That is gonna need a soak and clean up. If it does not budge, drill it out. You will need a socket to fit into the opening for the aluminum housing, but to allow the pin to be pressed out. A section of proper sized pipe will work as well.
stoneman30hotmail
QUOTE(rjames @ Sep 14 2023, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(stoneman30hotmail @ Sep 14 2023, 10:12 AM) *

It's been asked and answered many times. smile.gif Try using Google as your search engine for the site and preceding the text you want to search with '914world'.

Ok. I was trying the 914 world search..

pb blaster and a hammer did it finally.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.