Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Strut Support Mount Camber Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
I removed the bushings from the front strut shock mounts (aka support mount, camber plate). Now I'm a bit confused on the correct bushing and the finish of the mount plate for a 1970 914-6.

What I removed
  • One piece bushing with metal tube in the center
  • Plates are clearly black

Looking for parts online, that bushing sold separately is listed as '71-89. While sold a few places, I am seeing Elephant as the only current manufacture. If you buy a whole new mount with bushing, they are gold.

By chance, did the bushing differ depending on whether Boge or Koni were installed? I only see a single part number in the PDF catalog (911 341 018 00).

huh.gif

Based on the condition of ours, I am guessing they are original. Can anyone confirm?

Click to view attachment
mepstein
You can buy two piece rubber mounts that install easy.
What you have looks original to me.
Geezer914
I think I bought a set of 2 piece bushings from PMB Performance.
rgalla9146
The finish of the mount is satin black.
After installation and alignment the area around the top of the mount in the trunk
is then spackled with a thick, black, tar like material. This is not seen on any 914 other
than the 914 6.
(seen on 911s too)
DennisV
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 19 2023, 04:17 PM) *

The finish of the mount is satin black.
After installation and alignment the area around the top of the mount in the trunk
is then spackled with a thick, black, tar like material. This is not seen on any 914 other
than the 914 6.
(seen on 911s too)

Thanks for sharing. That is good news. Ours is still has the material around where the mount plate was installed. Original paint underneath!

Click to view attachment
friethmiller
I'd recommend hitting each nut with a bit of weld to help secure it - just in case. I've had a nut come loose on me during the install process (after powder-coating sad.gif ). It would have been so much easier if I had done this before reconditioning the mounts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.