Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal and parking light wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Radio2115
In trying to troubleshoot headlight motor wiring I disconnected wires to turn signal when rolling boot back behind fender to expose wires. I thought I would just mimic what was on the other side, Well when rolling that boot back you can guess what happened. Here is a pic of the connections as re installed. Parking lights work fine but turn signals do not and 2 8 amp fuses blew. Any enlightenment as to correct color wire connections would be appreciated!
windforfun
QUOTE(Radio2115 @ Oct 9 2023, 04:24 PM) *

In trying to troubleshoot headlight motor wiring I disconnected wires to turn signal when rolling boot back behind fender to expose wires. I thought I would just mimic what was on the other side, Well when rolling that boot back you can guess what happened. Here is a pic of the connections as re installed. Parking lights work fine but turn signals do not and 2 8 amp fuses blew. Any enlightenment as to correct color wire connections would be appreciated!

C:\Users\Jay\Documents\turn signal wiring.jpg

I can't access your C: drive.
windforfun
Expose more of the wiring just for the hell of it. Either way you hook it up should work since everything looks insulated with no side going to ground. Maybe the socket is shot & shorting to ground. If not, you've a problem further upstream.
Radio2115
QUOTE(windforfun @ Oct 9 2023, 07:05 PM) *

Expose more of the wiring just for the hell of it. Either way you hook it up should work since everything looks insulated with no side going to ground. Maybe the socket is shot & shorting to ground. If not, you've a problem further upstream.

The bottom plug is the brown ground correct? If so the top 2 plugs should be white/red on right and red on left? Wires are dirty but the left connector plug wire looks red.
windforfun
Brown is ground for sure. It's hard to see what's going on. Both sides of the car should be the same IIRC.

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
See the diagram for which wire goes where on my 914 Classics site, on the Tech Notebook page. See link in my signature below.

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_F...TurnSignals.jpg
Mikey914
You could use the left and right harnesses with boots and make a plug connection inside the trunk if you wanted.

https://914rubber.com/turn-signal-and-side-...ing-harness-set

Pre wired and in the boots so you could go either way
The wire matches the factory colors so easy to identify where to splice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.