Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2024
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
I was proposing a single event that includes both locations.
If we can get a day for the destination, the north meet wouls rally down to the south site. This is where the badges come in.
So if oir frieds to tge south can come up, we all could drive back together over a 2 -3 day period for the" main event"

Maybe too complex, but lets see if we can pull it together.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 15 2023, 04:43 PM) *

I was proposing a single event that includes both locations.
If we can get a day for the destination, the north meet wouls rally down to the south site. This is where the badges come in.
So if oir frieds to tge south can come up, we all could drive back together over a 2 -3 day period for the" main event"

Maybe too complex, but lets see if we can pull it together.

That's alot of travel time. Petaluma to Medford to Forest Grove 6+6+6. Plus 6 for the Socal caravan, so that's now 24 hours back home. Maybe Forest Grove and San Diego as twin events or a week apart if Petaluma doesn't pan out?
jim_hoyland
Over the years many North meets South car clubs have met up on Cambria
The 356 club and back in the Renegade Hybrids met up there.

ThinAir
Over the years, I have attended 2 in Medford, 1 in Brookings, 1 in Tahoe and the 2009 event that included Willow Springs. I've never been to one that I didn't enjoy, but Willow Springs and the Medford one with the track are by far my favorites. Now that I'm retired and widowed, my schedule is my own so I will be there no matter where it is held as long as it does not conflict with Red Rocks Classic on 9/14. As far as I'm concerned Red Rocks "owns" the September time slot for western events. Route 66 is a spring event and WCR is a summer event. Events that are east are not part of the equation for western events. I'm not in a position to plan a WCR, but if you want to know who will attend and why, that's my input.
Mikey914
Ernie,
If you want to plan, I'd be happy to help. The key here is we pick a time and spot early so we can build drives / features into the event.

Mark
tygaboy
Re: Petaluma as a possible location:
I won't set any expectations but, tomorrow, I hope to start converstion with the key players who may be able to green light some special locations and experience opportunities for us. If these are a go, I'll outline what's planned.

Depending on timing that works for the event locations - and any potential costs- I'm likely moving forward.

If it works out that it can be "WCR 2024", great. If folks want to do something different as the official event, that's OK with me.

Again, this may go nowhere for any number of reasons. More as I learn what's possible.
Ottomotion
Mendocino is about the same latitude as Tahoe so similar drive distance for people coming from north or south.
Fantastic roads all around.
Pliny on tap and the best Reuben on the west coast at Patterson's Pub.
Patterson's
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Knowing Chris, tygaboy, whatever he has up his sleeve is likely to result in an epic WCR; I stand with him beerchug.gif . I realize it makes it difficult for the southern CA crowd as they have a 7-8 hour drive to get up to the area, but the roads are typically great driving roads without being relegated to stop and go freeway traffic a large part of the time.

We were down in LA 2 weeks ago and I do not know how you guys living down there put up with the non-stop, stop and go traffic on all of the freeways. It was murder and we actually timed our drives to be outside of the commute times. There were cars and trucks passing on the shoulders at speed, tailgating like one would see in Fast and Furious movies, stupid lane changes, etc. confused24.gif
worn
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 21 2023, 08:24 AM) *

Knowing Chris, tygaboy, whatever he has up his sleeve is likely to result in an epic WCR; I stand with him beerchug.gif . I realize it makes it difficult for the southern CA crowd as they have a 7-8 hour drive to get up to the area, but the roads are typically great driving roads without being relegated to stop and go freeway traffic a large part of the time.

We were down in LA 2 weeks ago and I do not know how you guys living down there put up with the non-stop, stop and go traffic on all of the freeways. It was murder and we actually timed our drives to be outside of the commute times. There were cars and trucks passing on the shoulders at speed, tailgating like one would see in Fast and Furious movies, stupid lane changes, etc. confused24.gif

The LA area is pretty much out of range for me. Just that much too many days.
jim_hoyland
One of the more successful WCRs was held in LA ( actually Monica ) despite fear of crippling traffic. I think there were over 50 914s
There are a lot of great locations to meet up
worn
I might get that far south if I succeed in getting a PNW base for a 914. Else it is pretty much a week in getting to and from the event. I like solitude watching the envious world roll by. But there is a limit. Hope to see you no matter what.
rhodyguy
Worn. Snow down to lower elevations in the Cascades. Proper wind and rain downpours as well. And some sun.
MartyYeoman
When?
RoadGlue
I love the idea of having in Sonoma County again (I’m biased too!)

If we do end up having the event in Petaluma, I’d love to volunteer and help out with the tour(s) if you’re looking for a hand again. It be great to have it focus on the endless amazing roads with longer ventures out, focused more on the driving and scenery.

Start in Petaluma with 2-3 hours of driving with a snack/bathroom stop in the middle, before we start worrying about food. No alcohol until the end of the day with the driving behind us.

Just a thought!
mgp4591
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Nov 21 2023, 10:38 AM) *

I love the idea of having in Sonoma County again (I’m biased too!)

If we do end up having the event in Petaluma, I’d love to volunteer and help out with the tour(s) if you’re looking for a hand again. It be great to have it focus on the endless amazing roads with longer ventures out, focused more on the driving and scenery.

Start in Petaluma with 2-3 hours of driving with a snack/bathroom stop in the middle, before we start worrying about food. No alcohol until the end of the day with the driving behind us.

Just a thought!

I'm up for that. The roads in the area are really nice and the One is always spectacular.
Ottomotion
Surely someone has some pull to arrange some track time at Sears Point....
cool.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Ottomotion @ Nov 22 2023, 08:03 AM) *

cool.gif

Would Skip Barber driving school help ? Perhaps a special 914 event ?
Krieger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 22 2023, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Ottomotion @ Nov 22 2023, 08:03 AM) *

cool.gif

Would Skip Barber driving school help ? Perhaps a special 914 event ?

Not how it works
Mikey914
Those going south ( or any that want to join) we will make 2 precial badges. A silver for WCR as a general event. As well as the Gold Rally bade that is exclusive for those that caravan down for the complete event.

Now someone step up and organize the south portion so we can start planning. shades.gif
Mikey914
Spoke with the wife on this and she suggested that we maybe just put together a WCR for Bend !

We would be willing to organize it! There is a lot to do!

Someone want to stat a poll ? Let’s get this worked out so we can get it on the calendar!
jim_hoyland
Bend would be cool and it’s near Oregon Raceway Park. We drove the track when the WCR was at The Dalles
Great Fun !

https://allthingsbend.org/
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 25 2023, 02:55 PM) *

Spoke with the wife on this and she suggested that we maybe just put together a WCR for Bend !

Someone want to stat a poll ? Let’s get this worked out so we can get it on the calendar!

You’ve got my vote.
Mikey914
Didn’t want to step on toes, but this needs to get booked as many have to have their vaccination planned for next year.
SirAndy
Whatever we come up with, can we *please* make sure we have a large enough parking lot for all the cars and ample space to hang out and mingle?

The last WCR in Tahoe was severely lacking on the social side due to the parking situation.
dry.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 25 2023, 10:24 PM) *

Didn’t want to step on toes, but this needs to get booked as many have to have their vaccination planned for next year.

Bend it is beer3.gif
PanelBilly
My vote is for Bend
worn
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 26 2023, 06:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 25 2023, 10:24 PM) *

Bend it is beer3.gif

I got the clutch fixed. So, Bend sounds great. First snow of the year, so the fun cars are locked in place till spring. Sometimes the salt looks like snow around here.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 25 2023, 02:55 PM) *

Yeah, she just said yes because you took her to Paris for her birthday! lol-2.gif
Mikey914
I was thinking a June date for the event. Schools out, temps are warmer in the high desert.
MartyYeoman
I'd love it to be in Bend. I have family there.
jim_hoyland
Any firm date set ?
MartyYeoman
June 21st thru 23rd.
jim_hoyland
Do we have a hotel set up ?
Root_Werks
Going to watch this and try to attend. Please post location, hotel etc.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jan 23 2024, 03:18 PM) *

Going to watch this and try to attend. Please post location, hotel etc.

agree.gif Details please…. smile.gif
Greenwithenvy
I apologize for a stupid question. I only look at this once a year to see where WRC is. Is it in Bend this year? Date?

I live close to town and costco and have 5 acres we could possibly utilize.
Mikey914
Yes, in Bend, OR.
We have the hotel and are lining up drives and events. Will post up more here when we have an itinerary

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=369011

PM sent
Mikey914
QUOTE(Greenwithenvy @ Feb 7 2024, 03:16 PM) *

I apologize for a stupid question. I only look at this once a year to see where WRC is. Is it in Bend this year? Date?

Good day Greenwithenvy. This is Scott from 914 Rubber. I am the production manager and I am try to get things organized for the WCR in Bend. Mark did mention the use of your property in June. Could you please reach out to me.
saladin
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 1 2024, 10:39 AM) *

Good day Greenwithenvy. This is Scott from 914 Rubber. I am the production manager and I am try to get things organized for the WCR in Bend. Mark did mention the use of your property in June. Could you please reach out to me when you can that would be great!! I would also like your help planning some driving trips (2) at least 1.5 - 2 hours long. Thank you. Scott

@Greenwithenvy
ThinAir
I am very excited about this. Thanks for all the hard work that you guys do to arrange this!
Mikey914
QUOTE(saladin @ Mar 2 2024, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 1 2024, 10:39 AM) *

Good day Greenwithenvy. This is Scott from 914 Rubber. I am the production manager and I am try to get things organized for the WCR in Bend. Mark did mention the use of your property in June. Could you please reach out to me when you can that would be great!! I would also like your help planning some driving trips (2) at least 1.5 - 2 hours long. Thank you. Scott

@Greenwithenvy

Good day Greenwithenvy. This is Scott Again. Just realized I did not leave my email address. Its Scott@914rubber.com. I would like to go over the possibility of having the dinner Saturday night out at your 5 acres for the WCR. Thanks Scott.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.