Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 914 2.0 Frunk floor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simsup56
I am looking at a '74 914 2.0 and was sent this picture.
I saw this expanded metal on a Bring-A-Trailer 914 recently. Is this some kind of bad repair from rusted frunk floor or ?/
All guidance is welcome Thanks
Click to view attachment
Jamie
QUOTE(simsup56 @ Oct 11 2023, 10:35 AM) *

I saw this expanded metal on a Bring-A-Trailer 914 recently. Is this some kind of bad repair from rusted frunk floor or ?/
Click to view attachment

Appears to be some type of scoop/air intake for the frunk area, have no idea why it would be needed unless there was an interior radiator for cooling? unsure.gif
MLedesma
Need to investigate the scoop and the reason for the hole in the floor further.

I would also be interested in that sway bar set up also. Looks like a hack job with an aftermarket bar, or from an entirely different car. Definitely not stock.
Shivers
QUOTE(simsup56 @ Oct 11 2023, 11:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Does this or did this car have AC? At first it looked as if the expanded metal was only with in that spoiler. Then I saw it was larger. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess they were trying to create a low pressure air spot for exhausting hot air.
ogdougy
Looks exactly like mine with the dealer AC "option" installed. And by option i mean hacked in option
Chris914n6
That's for the dealer/owner installed aftermarket AC condenser. They all look like hack jobs. If the car still has AC then I consider that a plus. The evaporator assembly under the dash hasn't changed much but modern condensers, compressors and hoses are much improved.

That sway bar though... haven't seen one like that ever in 30 years.
friethmiller
Definitely the A/C condenser input/output on the frunk floor. The hack is that sway bar! idea.gif
simsup56
Thanks everyone. Yes, the car has AC and It appears like all the ACs that I had seen in 914s Didn't realize they were dealer add ons but makes sense.
Appreciate the help.Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(simsup56 @ Oct 11 2023, 04:18 PM) *

Thanks everyone. Yes, the car has AC and It appears like all the ACs that I had seen in 914s Didn't realize they were dealer add ons but makes sense.
Appreciate the help.Click to view attachment

welcome.png

Looks sweet, how does she run
Rpiccola
That interior looks real nice. The AC vents blend in well.
Front yard mechanic
Yes ac hack for sure now the 24000 dollar question does the ac work ? And do you have a couple cans of r12
bkrantz
AC cut-out for sure. And not a stock 914 sway bar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.