Full Version: 123 Distributor Group Buy for November 2023
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mkinne
Just talked with Ed and placed an order for a D-jet w/ Bluetooth cool.gif

Ed said we should be at or past the 10 by now clap56.gif

-M
colingreene
Anyone know what the warranty is like on these?
Craigers17
Apparently we already hit the goal. I just received my additional 5% refund. Big thanks to Ed and to Kris for putting this together!
slapshot
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Oct 31 2023, 04:50 PM) *

Apparently we already hit the goal. I just received my additional 5% refund. Big thanks to Ed and to Kris for putting this together!

I got the same email showing the full 10% discount.

Thanks Ed and Kris!
Robarabian

Ed is solid.. I have had mine for at least a year and it was sitting on the shelf.... Installed it along with several other things at the same time and thought there was an issue. An email and I sent it to him and he sent it back. He couldn't find anything wrong with it, but replaced the entire circuit board anyway. Sent it back with a new free distributor cap. He gets an A plus, but you shouldn't have any issues with it. They are pretty solid.

QUOTE(colingreene @ Oct 31 2023, 01:59 PM) *

Anyone know what the warranty is like on these?

Stratfink
Order placed tonight for Bluetooth for D-Jet!
saigon71
Do you need to buy their coil for optimal performance or does it run just fine with a standard Bosch blue coil?

Thanks!
Craigers17
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Nov 2 2023, 05:06 AM) *

Do you need to buy their coil for optimal performance or does it run just fine with a standard Bosch blue coil?

Thanks!

I think it's more of an "oil-filled" coil vs an epoxy coil issue. Supposedly, oil-filled coils are not supposed to be mounted horizontally, or they are prone to failure. Is that because the oil can leak out, or because the oil doesn't completely cover the coil? I have no idea.
Is it even proven? My coil is mounted horizontally, so I'm not sure about all of this. I'm also not sure of which coils are filled with what? I've heard oil in some, maybe gel-filled in others? Maybe the gurus will chime in? Or maybe this should be it's own thread?
914_teener
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Nov 2 2023, 04:56 AM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Nov 2 2023, 05:06 AM) *

Thanks!

I think it's more of an "oil-filled" coil vs an epoxy coil issue. Supposedly, oil-filled coils are not supposed to be mounted horizontally, or they are prone to failure. Is that because the oil can leak out, or because the oil doesn't completely cover the coil? I have no idea.
Is it even proven? My coil is mounted horizontally, so I'm not sure about all of this. I'm also not sure of which coils are filled with what? I've heard oil in some, maybe gel-filled in others? Maybe the gurus will chime in? Or maybe this should be it's own thread?

Their website explains this. It's more about the cycling of a coil that has used breaker points and being cycled. Meaning that as the coil ages the output high voltage can cause misfiring cause havoc with the dizzy electronics. So....basically for the cost of a new coil and the cost of one of these things...get a new coil unless you know the age of the coil and you haven't had any problems with it. Read their webage about the product...it's pretty informative.
slapshot
I didn't buy a coil. confused24.gif

Got my DIST yesterday.
914_teener
QUOTE(slapshot @ Nov 2 2023, 08:19 PM) *

Got my DIST yesterday. piratenanner.gif

I quess my point is:

If you think it's an original coil to the car...and you had problems with the points like they got burnt easily or showed signs of it......given your investment....maybe you should.

Have fun.
s13u74cr4
Absolutely in!
yellowporky
Thanks guys for putting this together.
I just spoke with Ed and placed an order for a distributor and coil for my 6.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 20 2023, 12:28 PM) *

I just talked to Ed at 123 Ignition USA and he's agreed to set up another group buy for 914 World members. He will give us a code that will provide an instant 5% off and then if we 10 people use that code in 30 days everyone will get another 5% refunded (for a total discount of 10%).

I don't want to get that code yet because we'll be on the 30 day clock once he provides it. I'm thinking we could get the code on November 1st.

Who would be interested besides me and @FlacaProductions ?

A little late to the party but count me for one. A carbed 2 liter presently running an Bosch 009 disti. Would like both the disti and a new coil.
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Nov 7 2023, 10:00 AM) *

I just talked to Ed at 123 Ignition USA and he's agreed to set up another group buy for 914 World members. He will give us a code that will provide an instant 5% off and then if we 10 people use that code in 30 days everyone will get another 5% refunded (for a total discount of 10%).

I don't want to get that code yet because we'll be on the 30 day clock once he provides it. I'm thinking we could get the code on November 1st.

A little late to the party but count me for one. A carbed 2 liter presently running an Bosch 009 disti. Would like both the disti and a new coil.

@North_Coast_Jim

Here's the discount code for us to use: 914WORLD

Purchase here: https://123ignitionusa.com/porsche/

If you have any questions about which product(s) to buy for your particular 914 motor setup, just give Ed at a call: 440-668-8164.

Remember, you will get 5% off immediately. Then you will receive a 5% refund (since we already have 10 purchases) refunded from your original payment.
slapshot
QUOTE(914_teener @ Nov 3 2023, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(slapshot @ Nov 2 2023, 08:19 PM) *

Got my DIST yesterday.

I quess my point is:

If you think it's an original coil to the car...and you had problems with the points like they got burnt easily or showed signs of it......given your investment....maybe you should.

Have fun.

That make sense. Probably an oversight on my part.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Nov 7 2023, 11:00 AM) *

ORDERED !!!!
123ignitionusa
I wanted to take a moment and thank all who participated in this November Group Buy and past group buys. You are the best!
Enjoy your ride! And thanks for all the kind correspondence as well as supporting 123ignitionusa.

Ed
Stratfink
Thank you Ed.

Got my distributor installed and quite pleased with the result - seems to have eliminated the hesitation I was getting off the line that was especially bad when warm. At age 54 I am still learning new things (first time using a timing light for example).

One last comment- the blue Bosch coil terminals are not labeled + and - but rather 15 and 1. The 15 is the positive terminal and the dizzy won’t work if these are reversed - guess how I know…

All the best - Joe
slapshot
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Nov 28 2023, 11:02 PM) *

I wanted to take a moment and thank all who participated in this November Group Buy and past group buys. You are the best!
Enjoy your ride! And thanks for all the kind correspondence as well as supporting 123ignitionusa.

Ed

Thanks Ed! The 123 has definitely made a difference in how my 914 runs and its performance. I'm a happy customer.
FlacaProductions
Thanks, Ed - mine is sitting in Indiana waiting for me to get back to it and do the install in early December. Looking forward to it!
Front yard mechanic
Ed’s the man ordered at midnight and he got me covered first.gif
g911
Mine’s in. Thanks Ed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.