Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conversion issues resolved
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
meursault
Worked on the car again this weekend and I thought I'd give an update on some of the problems I was having.

First, the kinked hose. I put a clamp on it. There's a nut welded on the heat exchanger for this purpose that I finally noticed.
Brad Roberts
Oops.. I gues we could have pointed that out to you...LOL

You should have cut the 4cyl mounts out of the car (if you are not using them).. makes it tad easier to deal with the engine.

Looks good... well on your way.

I met Rob Joy today from the Porsche dealer down there..

B
meursault
Next, the unobtanium factory hard line. I gave up and went AN. I'm not happy with the routing I had to go with on the hose.

I like the Rich Johnson mount though.
meursault
Clutch tube modification was kinda hokey. Used a late model clutch sheath end and had to go through all sorts of gyrations to make it work. I might as well have stayed with the pulley wheel and push clutch.

Note to self. Even if you read somewhere that something is a perfect fit, check it out before dedicating yourself to something like a tranny build.
meursault
So, basically everything's together and I got the car to move on its own power.

I still need to bleed the brakes and make some adjustments to the carbs, etc., etc. So I'm basically done.

I wussed out; I didn't want to commit to taking out the 4cyl. mounts.

I've heard Rob Joy's name dropped a few times but have never met him. He works at the dealer?

I like this picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.