Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Deusexmachina77
I just finished installing newly reconditioned rear brakes. The first peddle pump is soft, and the second pump is firm.

I bled the system twice by pumping the peddle. I had no bubbles anywhere. I adjusted the pads both inside and out to .004.

Do I need to keep bleeding the system, or is this a sign of something else? headbang.gif
Ottomotion
I am dealing w similar issues.....
Dave_Darling
We have seen recent posts about exercising the pistons by letting them extend out a ways and then pushing them back to their normal spot.

If that fails, keep bleeding it.

--DD
stownsen914
Rear calipers need adjusting?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=90625
Shivers
I have read about a mushy pedal that was corrected by bleeding trapped air in the proportioning valve.
iankarr
Everyone has their own little tricks, but these cars are notoriously finicky to bleed with new components. Here’s what works for me…

– "Bench Bleed" master cylinder first (see video in my signature for how)
– Use new rubber lines
– Ensure venting clearance is correct
– Replace bleeders with speed bleeders
– Use a motive pressure system AND stomp on the pedal (this is where the speed bleeders really help)
– Repeat bleeding 2-3X
– If pedal is too soft to drive, crack the fittings on the regulator and pump pedal (closing after each pump) to get air bubbles out. Can also tap with a hammer.
– If pedal is STILL too soft, try using a syringe to shoot fluid through the bottom bleeder, with the upper one open
– Take the car for a bumpy drive
– Bleed again
– Bed the pads
– Pedal will not be rock hard for about 100 miles or so...until the seals loosen up.

If your second pump is firm, my guess is that there’s still air in the system. More info:

https://pmbperformance.com/pages/frequently...-questions-faqs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.