Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odometer Gear Shaft
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MDTerp
On my way home from Okteenerfest my odometer started to squeal and then a few miles later it stopped counting miles but the speedometer still worked. I expected the gear had slipped on the shaft again which I had repaired about 20 years ago. But it looks like the gears on the plastic shaft have "apple cored". When I spin the odometer with a drill and press the gear down it counts miles again.

I didn't have any luck searching for this part online. Does anyone know a source for a replacement part?

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

hndyhrr
check 914rubber or pelican parts
bdstone914
@mdterp

I dont think anyone sells that part.
I may have one from a parts speedo. Can check later.

Bruce
MDTerp
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 23 2023, 10:26 AM) *

@mdterp

I dont think anyone sells that part.
I may have one from a parts speedo. Can check later.

Bruce

Thanks, let me know if you find one. I checked 914rubber and Pelican with no success.

Shivers
All else fails, you could try this: https://m.youtube.com/shorts/8NQrMxYflcE
Build it up and file it down
Mikey914
Yep, a part we don’t make, I would suspect you could salvage one from a crappy looking one. Classifieds may be an option. If I thought we could justify making these I would.
Dave_Darling
You might see if the guys at Palo Alto Speedo or North Hollywood Speedo have a source for them. They might, if you're nice, sell you one if they actually have a source.

--DD
dr914@autoatlanta.com
palo alto speedometer, ask for Hartmut
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.