Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler options for a 914 3.6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thunderchief
What options are available for the 3.6? Do the regular 914/6 mufflers I see advertised work or will I need something with bigger inlet/outlet pipes? Looking for something in the quieter range. Thanks.
Steve
QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Nov 22 2023, 12:28 PM) *

What options are available for the 3.6? Do the regular 914/6 mufflers I see advertised work or will I need something with bigger inlet/outlet pipes? Looking for something in the quieter range. Thanks.

Factory 993 headers are 1 5/8", but Patrick Motorsports and others recommend 1 3/4" headers with a 3.6 motor. The limitation is the opening for the muffler. I would call Jim at Patrick Motorsports and get his recommendation. He specializes in 3.6 motors in 914's.
I'm also installing a 993/3.6 in my 914 this winter. I will be running MSDS 1 3/4" headers with an M&K two in two out muffler. It's not a quiet muffler, so I would not recommend it, if you want something quiet.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=267719
SirAndy
Not sure if you can still get them, but i love my "Laguna" mufflers.
They are from PMS and fit their 1 3/4" headers.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2723426
driving.gif
ChrisFoley
I can make a muffler for a 3.6L
Cairo94507
Watching this... popcorn[1].gif beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
What does the rest of your exhaust look like? The muffler is just the very last part of the exhaust, and you need to take the rest of the system into account when getting one.

--DD
dr914@autoatlanta.com
factory replica Dansk, fits perfectly has the same dyno tuned construction as the original factory variety

QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Nov 22 2023, 01:28 PM) *

Cairo94507
I would try to find one of Ben's SS quiet mufflers for the 3.6 since you expressly want a "quieter range" sound. I had one and foolishly sold it... confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.