Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help Buying a 911 CV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Need a little help from the CV maestro's. I bought a 5 lug 911 set up from Mark Heard that is for the 1974-1984 911. Marks parts have 28 splines and fit the 911 axels I bought from Bruce Stone. According to Auto Haus' listing this CV-- https://www.autohausaz.com/catalog?k=923332...=1&sortby=r -- should fit that range 911. But they're much smaller and have ~25 splines as you can see. Any input on which CV I should re-order from them including their part number as I don't want to goof up again. See pics below. TIA, Kent

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914werke
Are those CV's the 100mm (OD) ? Have you already swapped flanges to match?
IIRC the 25 spline CV's should measure approx 94mm (OD) & are for the /6 application.
The 33 spline CV's should also measure approx 94mm & are for the /4's and are NLA
I, Eric & probably others offer new re-machined, available VW units, to fit the /4's
76-914
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 7 2023, 10:25 AM) *

Are those CV's the 100mm (OD) ? Have you already swapped flanges to match?
IIRC the 25 spline CV's should measure approx 94mm (OD) & are for the /6 application.
The 33 spline CV's should also measure approx 94mm & are for the /4's and are NLA
I, Eric & probably others offer new re-machined, available VW units, to fit the /4's

I've already returned the CV's so I can't answer that but the stub hubs are the same size and spline count as the axles. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Went to warehouse and checked a few CV's and shafts. Kent is running 911SC 100MM stub axle that I sold him. I measured the CV's (911, Bus and 944) and they were all the same. I measured the new full floating axle I have. Thinking the 911 axle maybe 930 axle. Only conclusion I can come up with.
mb911
I am not much help. I hit the easy button and called eric@pmb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.