Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay board pin layout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
I'm getting rid of that POS board and doing my own thing there.

I'm sure it's been posted before what all 16 or 18 wires are going into the relay board.

I searched for relay board pins
relay board, which brought a zillion responses
relay, the same.
pin layout

by any chance does anyone know where that msg thread is? =-)

Much thanks,
Roger
lapuwali
See my blog...
Mueller
I cheated and re-used the male pins from the relay board and soldered them to the female pins from one of the connectors:

Pins removed from relay board:

Mueller
assembled and in use:
john rogers
What I have seen on several cars and I plan to do one of these days is to buy one of those multi pin mil spec connectors or two and replace the board in my six conversion race car. The voltage regulator is internal to the alt and it would make that corner look much nicer. In the case of a more stock sort of setup the relays and fuses can be added in-line with connectors that are available at any good electronics store or Mouser.com.
lapuwali
Have you priced those MIL-SPEC connectors? Two shells (male and female) and pins can easily add up to over $100. Look at rs-autosport.com or waytekwire.com for sealed Weatherpack connectors. $20 should buy you all you require.
Dr. Roger
Thank you James, Mike, John, and Capn'. =-)

Gotta get back to the garage for an evening finale of productivity.... laugh.gif smile.gif
scruz914
This is for a '73 board. May help you.

-Jeff
SGB
Jeff -
that is a really nice diagram. I've rebuilt my relay board, now, and kinda wondered about it then since it looked kinda convoluted. Why would the designers make such strange setup- one relay feeds the other relays. Why? And some relays are fused like the rw defroster, but others supplied by the power relay. Seems awfully unnecessary.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.