Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spindle hitting A arm?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyA
Why would the bottom of the spindle be hitting the A arm when turning just above where it enters the ball joint. Not hitting on the other side. Seems like the ball joint wants to engage the spindle lower. Using URO parts 90134104900. Any ideas? Did anybody ever have the same problem? Also pet and schematics show a washer above the ball joint. What is the thickness? I don't have one on the other side where it's not hitting so that is not the problem.
bdstone914
QUOTE(TonyA @ Dec 17 2023, 11:27 AM) *

Why would the bottom of the spindle be hitting the A arm when turning just above where it enters the ball joint. Not hitting on the other side. Seems like the ball joint wants to engage the spindle lower. Using URO parts 90134104900. Any ideas? Did anybody ever have the same problem? Also pet and schematics show a washer above the ball joint. What is the thickness? I don't have one on the other side where it's not hitting so that is not the problem.

The washer is very thin and prevents the boot from rubbing on the strut. It would not cause the problem you have. Since it is one side only I would see if the ball joint is fully and squarely installed.
Could be a bent strut.
A picture of the interference may help.
TonyA
QUOTE(TonyA @ Dec 17 2023, 12:27 PM) *

)
i found the problem. I switched out the ball joint. The one I had (brand new) had the slot to receive the special wedge screw lower than the other one. Not much but enough.
See the pictures of what was hitting.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.