Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Restored Rear Targa Latches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I have three pair of early and three pair of late rear traga latches for sale.
I prefer to sell and get cores returned. They can be sent after you swap out your latches. Price is $90 without a core and $70 with a core plus $8 US Priority mail shipping.

Early latches have shorter locating bumps that are wider apart. The width of the early bumps is that of a quarter and late bumps are the width of the nickle.
Many tops get swapped to wrong cars. The rubber blocks need to match the targa latches for proper fit.
These latches have new lazer cut hooks with hardened dowel pins welded to the hook to prevent bending to which the original latches were prone to.
The hooks aand housings are powder coated satin black for a durable finish. New springs are used and improved fastener for the hooks are installed

DC_neun_vierzehn
Need a pair. Please define early vs late for this part though … roughly what month and year did the switch happen?
Montreal914
Hi Bruce, I will take a pair of early ones (73 car before the changeover).

The coming week will be busy at my end, but I can come pick those up after next week. I will bring my cores too.

Thanks! smile.gif
bdstone914
@DC_neun_vierzehn

PET is not clear on the date change. My early 73 has late latches. Check the latches and top on your car to be sure they match and if they are early or late.
Use the quarter-nickle measurement
bdstone914
@Montreal914

What ever works for you. I'm in town until Jan 5. You can bring your A arms and i can rebush them.
Bruce
Montreal914
The changeover in 73 was recently shared in one of the post. I believe the later roof came in July production. There was thread on this with the actual serial number.

Will look it up later and edit this post.
DC_neun_vierzehn
Ok I will check in the morning. I have a 73 (late 72 build date). So they should be early. Will confirm tomorrow morning.
Montreal914
Here is all you ever wanted to know about our Targa roof smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=73129
DC_neun_vierzehn
@bdstone914 I need the early set (quarter fit b/t the bumps on mine). Message coming your way ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.