Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: factory Fuchs in 8 inch x 16 inch 951 part number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
burton73
951 Part number factory Fuchs in 8 inch x 16 inch clean wheels you could just clean them up a bit or refinish if you want a different finish. These are perfect for fronts of Turbo Carrera.
---Picture of Haralds car with 951 on rear---

$1,500. FOB Inglewood CA
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Thunderchief
Wat is the offset?
nditiz1
mepstein
smile.gif
NARP74
Surprised you got 8s on the rear of a narrow body, unless the fenders were pulled a bit.
burton73
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jan 8 2024, 08:55 AM) *

Surprised you got 8s on the rear of a narrow body, unless the fenders were pulled a bit.

You are seeing Harlds car in green. They will fit like any 7in Fuchs to the outside. Roll the fender a little. The extra 1 inch goes to the inside.

Bob B

Plus if you look it up there are a few guys here that have 8 951 on the back
Olympic 914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 8 2024, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jan 8 2024, 08:55 AM) *

You are seeing Harlds car in green. They will fit like any 7in Fuchs to the outside. Roll the fender a little. The extra 1 inch goes to the inside.

Bob B

Plus if you look it up there are a few guys here that have 8 951 on the back

The extra inch on the 951 8" Compared to the 7' is split with 1/2" to the inside and 1/2" to the outside.

You can see that on the chart Mepstein posted above.

So for 7s you need to roll the fenders, for 8s you need at least another 1/2" it also depends on the tire.

There can also be the problem of rubbing on the inside rear fenderwells, with 225-50/16's on 8" I needed to add 2mm spacers to push the rears out to clear slight rubbing. As is you can NOT fit a finger between the tire and fender inside lip.

But all cars are different so YRMV.

BTW, Nice Wheels and GLWS
NARP74
Someone was working on my car when I got it as an unfinished project. They had 8s on the rear but I don't think they ever drove it that way. They were too close to the inside on the right side, and rubbed the fender on the left side. No easy way to make them work without some body massaging. The lips were folded already. Went to 7s for now and all is good. GLWS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.