Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper clocking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Has anyone successfully clocked their wiper arms (by repositioning the arm on the motor) while the fresh air box was still installed? I could kick myself for not checking this before installing my wiper assembly and airbox, but my wiper are parking almost straight up…..ugh!

I’m really not looking forward to removing my freshly installed airbox.
bkrantz
Yes.

Do your wipers swing in a full arc? If they swing too far and hit the cowl, then turn the wiper arms up to be parallel to the pivots. If you confirm that, then remount the arms to park in the right location.
East coaster
I don’t have a windshield or wiper arms/blades installed yet, but I can see that the wiper shafts rotate fine clockwise and counterclockwise but they park (shafts stop rotating) in mid arc (which would be about straight up if the arms/blades were on.

I’m just trying to figure out if it’s even possible to get to the 10mm nut on the wiper motor shaft to re-clock the arm with the airbox installed.
pek771
A bit ot, but which wire is for parking the wiper arms?
mgarrison
QUOTE(pek771 @ Jan 9 2024, 05:33 AM) *

A bit ot, but which wire is for parking the wiper arms?

I could really use the answer to this question as well!

#53 = slow speed
#53B = fast speed
#53A = UNKNOWN
#31B = UNKNOWN

Hoping the 914 World Gurus have an answer... pray.gif
East coaster
This is what I used/referenced when I wired my wiper motor

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Loosening the 10mm and short arm is easy.
Getting a wrench in there and tightening it in the new position, that's tough.
Depends on patience and dexterity.
DO NOT put the wiper arms on until you are certain where they will park
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.