Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injector elbows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
Just saw a post on Facebook of an orange 914 after it caught fire. Leaking fuel hoses were the cause. The weakest link seem to be the injector elbows as you can buy gates ethanol compatible fuel line but not the injector elbows. Anyone have a source or an alternative?
Geezer914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jan 24 2024, 10:55 AM) *

None specify if they are ethanol compatible. The regular fuel hose is 30r9, but I am assuming it is difficult to form it into a 90° elbow.
rjames
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Jan 24 2024, 08:09 AM) *

None specify if they are ethanol compatible. The regular fuel hose is 30r9, but I am assuming it is difficult to form it into a 90° elbow.

I've been using straight hose instead of the elbows. Makes for less working room when you need to get in there, but it works.
914werke
QUOTE(rjames @ Jan 24 2024, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Jan 24 2024, 08:09 AM) *

I've been using straight hose instead of the elbows. Makes for less working room when you need to get in there, but it works.

another option is to buy & install spring stock cut to the appropriate length that prevents the line from, collapsing at the bend smile.gif
GregAmy
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Jan 24 2024, 11:09 AM) *
None specify if they are ethanol compatible.

I wouldn't worry about it. It would be suicide to intentionally sell gasoline fuel lines today without being compatible with E10.

I've been running those elbows for a few years now without issue. Other than you REALLY need to spend the money for the right clamps for these things, or they leak out the ends.

I tried running straight lines but that resulted in the injector rail rubbing on other things. And they get in the way during engine R&R and you have to remove the injectors first. - GA

For the Microsquirt install: https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/high-impeda...jaguar-porsche/

IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Fue...B043133387.html

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Jan 24 2024, 08:01 AM) *

Just saw a post on Facebook of an orange 914 after it caught fire. Leaking fuel hoses were the cause. The weakest link seem to be the injector elbows as you can buy gates ethanol compatible fuel line but not the injector elbows. Anyone have a source or an alternative?

914sgofast2
"None specify if they are ethanol compatible. The regular fuel hose is 30r9, but I am assuming it is difficult to form it into a 90° elbow."

you can make your own fuel line elbows using the straight fuel hose and inserting a tubing bender spring into the center; then forming it into the desired elbow shape and curvature; and then heating it up with a hair dryer or heat gun. There is a thread on the 914 Forum about how to do it. That thread prompted me to buy a cheap tubing bender spring set off of Amazon a few months ago so I can pre-form my cars next set of fuel injector line elbows.
Geezer914
Gates Barricade 5/16 fuel injector hose. 2' cur to 6" pieces, inserted a small spring inside to hold the shape. Placed in boiling water for 3 minutes and cooled in ice water.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
majkos1
Thank you sir!! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.