Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmilzoff
I recently installed a Momo Thunder steering wheel and Momo Hub adapter on my 914-6 and now find the wheel much too close to my body. I was told that the hub adapter is the only one that Momo makes but that other manufacturers may have one which does not extend so far from the dash. I need help in finding a source for another adapter.
ninefourteener
I could be WAY off here... but give it some thought.

On my last teener, I had a Grant Steering wheel. Of course, it doesn't just bolt straight up to the styock colums, so I bought the "grant" hub adapter.

Guess what.... it didn't fit....... the bolt patterns didn't match up.

BUT.... the bolt pattern DID match the Momo wheels they had, I just couldn't afford the wheel at the time, so I modified the adapter to fit a grant (which it should have done in the first place)

Nevertheless, it was plenty-o-room, and not close to my chest at all. Best of all, it was like 20 bucks at Auto Zone. Can't beat that right?

Sorry, can't really see the setup in these pics, and I don't havbe the car anymore, but at least you can see I really didn't lose any space either though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.