Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
930cabman
QUOTE(mlindner @ Mar 10 2024, 09:25 AM) *

Ben, is the return line from the engine block to the tank over the bell housing one complete hose. Are you selling them. Mine go's under the headers to the front....not smart. MarkClick to view attachment

You are running the PMS kit? I can see the hard line heading towards the firewall
mb911
QUOTE(mlindner @ Mar 10 2024, 06:25 AM) *

Ben, is the return line from the engine block to the tank over the bell housing one complete hose. Are you selling them. Mine go's under the headers to the front....not smart. MarkClick to view attachment

Yup it’s pretty easy. The PMS stuff leaves a lot to be desired. I have shared that with many but they get star struck because of the 3.6 builds they do and the nice facilities.

My setup is just AN hose , 2 90’, 2 22mm to -12 adapters, 1 -12 straight and 1 double male -12 adapter. Again done many of these and this is the cleanest setup hands down as it stays out of the way of headers, heat exchangers, engine mounts. You just need 1 Adel clamp to bolt to the side cover to retain the hose. It’s the KISS method and for some reason many folks like to over complicate it
930cabman
Click to view attachment

made this extension of the PMS hard pipe, sounds as though it's easier and more out of the way to go up and over with this line. Next time ....
mepstein
I have to find the pics that Rory sent me of his setup but it had some cool mods. One that really caught my attention was the hard lines from the thermostat to the GT hard lines. This eliminates any kink in the hose and just looks cool. Ben helped me duplicate the lines and made up an over the transmission line as well. Here’s a quick mock up of the system. It’s missing a line and fitting but you get the idea. The stock Porsche thermostat mounts in the engine compartment at the lower left firewall.

There are ways to do it cheaper and easier but I wanted to try it this way. My other conversion has a soft line for the return of the front mounted cooler on the passenger side and a soft line to the front on the driver side. No thermostat and no engine mounted oil cooler. It seems to works well, just different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.