Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2024 NorthEast Gathering Info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
emerygt350
QUOTE(TomE @ Mar 27 2024, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Mar 25 2024, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 25 2024, 08:29 AM) *

I'm looking forward to the event, but the sticker shock did take a moment to push through this year, for sure.

That said.

Putting on these events is a lot of work. I know, I used to do it. NY is expensive, and resorts are expensive. We used to skirt these costs by having camp-outs or staying at fleabag motels (ahhhh - the Knights Inn - good memories). Everything is a compromise, and this year the pendulum swung towards (hopefully) opulence.

Zach

Thanks Zach - Resort places that have good teener terrain are a bit pricey if not on the Knights Inn side of things. It might vary year by year if we find new spots to serve as home base. I hope everyone enjoys the accommodations, as last year felt like we were on the set of The Shining…..
Matt and I are looking where we live to put one together. It might take some time but we have great roads and in mid to late June prices for motels are decent. It would be in the Williamsport PA area.

That would be very convenient for me.... Elmira down to Williamsport is a beautiful drive.
TomE
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 27 2024, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(TomE @ Mar 27 2024, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Mar 25 2024, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 25 2024, 08:29 AM) *

I'm looking forward to the event, but the sticker shock did take a moment to push through this year, for sure.

That said.

Putting on these events is a lot of work. I know, I used to do it. NY is expensive, and resorts are expensive. We used to skirt these costs by having camp-outs or staying at fleabag motels (ahhhh - the Knights Inn - good memories). Everything is a compromise, and this year the pendulum swung towards (hopefully) opulence.

Zach

Thanks Zach - Resort places that have good teener terrain are a bit pricey if not on the Knights Inn side of things. It might vary year by year if we find new spots to serve as home base. I hope everyone enjoys the accommodations, as last year felt like we were on the set of The Shining…..
Matt and I are looking where we live to put one together. It might take some time but we have great roads and in mid to late June prices for motels are decent. It would be in the Williamsport PA area.

That would be very convenient for me.... Elmira down to Williamsport is a beautiful drive.
Just North of you before you get into the wine country has some great roads and places that aren't New York city prices also.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(TomE @ Mar 27 2024, 05:28 PM) *

I'd second this for next year. The area around Eaglesmere has some fantastic mountain roads with cool destinations.

Zach
Warren914
Looking into attending. GoogleMays shows about 850 miles and 14 hours drive time headed South West to get to the North East. Go figure. smile.gif

QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Feb 25 2024, 02:15 PM) *

What: 2024 Porsche 914 NorthEast Gathering (NEG5)
When: June 21-23 2024
Where: Hunter Mountain New York/ Catskill Mountains

Hi all - Please use the link below to find more information and details for registration.
NEG5 Registration

We look forward to a great weekend with Hunter Mountain as our home base and the backdrop of the Catskills as we drive. Come and join us for some fun roads, vendor raffles, and great 914 people.

If you can’t get your 914 there please consider bringing another pcar or letting me know and I’ll find you a ride!

Thanks
-Travis

trylon
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Mar 25 2024, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(trylon @ Mar 24 2024, 05:00 PM) *

Looks like a great way to see what other 914s are within the area.

My only problem is the guest I would like to bring cannot guarantee she can attend until much closer to the event date. How late might I be able to register her?

May 1st is the latest I believe we can go. Hopefully that gives you plenty of time. Let me know.

Thanks, turns out she can’t make it — but I can! See you there!
Maltese Falcon
MSDS,inc. high flow air filter kit /914 2L raffle prize / on the way to your NorthEast Gathering beerchug.gif
marty914.jpg
emerygt350
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 14 2024, 07:40 PM) *

MSDS,inc. high flow air filter kit /914 2L raffle prize / on the way to your NorthEast Gathering beerchug.gif
marty914.jpg

Awesome!
OrangeBones
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 14 2024, 08:40 PM) *

marty914.jpg

THANKS!!!
saigon71
Registered - looking forward to it! driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
rgolia
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 23 2024, 07:15 AM) *

Registered - looking forward to it! driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Sweet - wouldnt be the same without ya.
Cal
Cal is registered....looking forward to it.Click to view attachment
emerygt350
Your cars are all so shiny and nice... Mine is a little more "lived in" or perhaps on.
StarBear
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Apr 30 2024, 04:53 PM) *

Your cars are all so shiny and nice... Mine is a little more "lived in" or perhaps on.

We here have a big tent! biggrin.gif Home enough for everyone. beerchug.gif Where carbs and FI play nicely together. smile.gif
OrangeBones
QUOTE(Cal @ Apr 30 2024, 01:16 PM) *

Cal is registered....looking forward to it.Click to view attachment

Now it’s a Gathering!
Tonyooc
Does anyone have a phone number to the hotel.
mate914

I bet my car is rougher than yours.
Matt
Tonyooc
Hotel is booked. I just need to finish my registration.
cause
not registering—but i'm going to try to pop by and say hello
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(mate914 @ Apr 30 2024, 08:55 PM) *

I bet my car is rougher than yours.
Matt

Yeah, my green car is definitely a 20 footer at this point. But for a first auto paint job 15 years ago, I think its looking pretty good - dings and dents aside. The car gets driven, its going to happen!

Zach
TonyA
Jeffs ski rack will fit in nicely at Hunter MT.
OrangeBones
Last day to register is next Sunday May 19th.

The drive Saturday is going to be all of the regions greatest hits… routes 23, 30, 32,28. We also have 2 tech sessions planned. One will be a carb rebuild with some hands on activity and the other will be on setting up your own DIY parts plating process. So bring your notebooks for future reference.

Lunch on Saturday will be at Rip Van Winkles Brewery which is a very cool spot. beer3.gif

StarBear
Am really gonna miss it this year. Just not in the cards. Have loved the past ones.
Tonyooc
Just got registered. I'll see everyone in June.
OrangeBones
QUOTE(StarBear @ May 10 2024, 02:36 PM) *

Am really gonna miss it this year. Just not in the cards. Have loved the past ones.

We will miss you this year!
OrangeBones
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ May 10 2024, 08:18 PM) *

Just got registered. I'll see everyone in June.

Awesome! Stay in touch for caravan info.
OrangeBones
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ May 10 2024, 01:11 PM) *

Last day to register is next Sunday May 19th.

The drive Saturday is going to be all of the regions greatest hits… routes 23, 30, 32,28. We also have 2 tech sessions planned. One will be a carb rebuild with some hands on activity and the other will be on setting up your own DIY parts plating process. So bring your notebooks for future reference.

Lunch on Saturday will be at Rip Van Winkles Brewery which is a very cool spot. beer3.gif

We might push the deadline a day or two. Stay tuned.
OrangeBones
QUOTE(cause @ May 5 2024, 09:45 PM) *

not registering—but i'm going to try to pop by and say hello

Awesome join the WhatsApp to stay connected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.