Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2024 NorthEast Gathering Info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
OrangeBones
What: 2024 Porsche 914 NorthEast Gathering (NEG5)
When: June 21-23 2024
Where: Hunter Mountain New York/ Catskill Mountains

Hi all - Please use the link below to find more information and details for registration.
NEG5 Registration

We look forward to a great weekend with Hunter Mountain as our home base and the backdrop of the Catskills as we drive. Come and join us for some fun roads, vendor raffles, and great 914 people.

If you can’t get your 914 there please consider bringing another pcar or letting me know and I’ll find you a ride!

Thanks
-Travis
OrangeBones
BeatNavy
Looks like a great venue and an awesome area for driving. Well done again, Travis! piratenanner.gif
StarBear
Yay!! Looking forward to it. Thanks! biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Big Len
Great area to have this in.
Hoppie944s2
I'll be there.
TMM914
Room booked and registered……..now to get the car ready.It needs a little love after Rennsport7.Can’t wait!
StarBear
QUOTE(Hoppie944s2 @ Feb 27 2024, 04:16 PM) *

I'll be there.

Yay! Caravan! biggrin.gif
@orangebones Sent you an email. beerchug.gif
mate914
We will be trailing going up in to NY before going west. PA interstates are as good as Philly is clean, pot holes and trash everywhere. Scranton area roads are third world style, can't imagine why.
Matt flag.gif
rgolia
Count me in. Hopefully I will have my dubshop FI system sorted by then.
TonyA
Registered Will book a room soon
rgalla9146

beerchug.gif I'm in
StarBear
QUOTE(TonyA @ Mar 5 2024, 11:44 PM) *

Registered Will book a room soon

Ditto beerchug.gif
914-VI
QUOTE(mate914 @ Mar 3 2024, 08:48 PM) *

We will be trailing going up in to NY before going west. PA interstates are as good as Philly is clean, pot holes and trash everywhere. Scranton area roads are third world style, can't imagine why.
Matt flag.gif

Hey Matt!

It will be quicker to go East once you are in New York.

Cheers!
Howie
mate914
QUOTE(914-VI @ Mar 10 2024, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(mate914 @ Mar 3 2024, 08:48 PM) *

Matt flag.gif

Hey Matt!

It will be quicker to go East once you are in New York.

Cheers!
Howie

My bad. Can I blame this on spell check?
Matt
Olympic 914
Signed up and room booked.

Looks like a really nice place.
Spoke
Looks like a fun time but I will pass this year. I would like to donate a couple of sets of 914 LED brakes.
emerygt350
I just might be able to make this one!
sjhenry1075
Emphasis on "North" east.. I'm game and I have roughly 100 days to get the car ready!
emerygt350
Just reserved my room. Bringing the family as well, so two cars. Do I make the wife drive the gt350?
mate914
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 13 2024, 06:00 PM) *

Just reserved my room. Bringing the family as well, so two cars. Do I make the wife drive the gt350?

Seats are always available. While the GT350 is cool... Maybe keep this Porsche, But I have no problem if it keeps the rear as American muscle.... Seeing how I have no say. I will let the planners make final say....
Matt
OrangeBones
All are welcome as we have plenty of room!
OrangeBones
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 12 2024, 09:41 PM) *

Looks like a fun time but I will pass this year. I would like to donate a couple of sets of 914 LED brakes.

Sorry we are missing you this year. Bob will be in touch about the awesome donation again….they saved me more than once per year with my dark car. We appreciate your support!
StarBear
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Mar 13 2024, 09:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 12 2024, 09:41 PM) *

Sorry we are missing you this year. Bob will be in touch about the awesome donation again….they saved me more than once per year with my dark car. We appreciate your support!

agree.gif !!!
StarBear
Just a heads up: Rather hefty resort and service fees, on top of $209-$219/night room:
State Sales Tax: 8%
Resort Fee: $25 ???
Service Fee: 18% ????
Administrative Fee: 5% ???
That gets up to $600, not including registration. beer.gif
I think I might be priced out of this year's Gathering. sad.gif
Tonyooc
I'm going to check my schedule and see if I can make it.
trylon
QUOTE(StarBear @ Mar 23 2024, 04:16 PM) *

Just a heads up: Rather hefty resort and service fees, on top of $209-$219/night room:

Just think, if they could conjure up more fees the room could be free!
Firstcar
Just signed up and excited to attend my first 914World event and meet some of the wonderful people that inhabit this forum! Looks like a fantastic venue and should be a great time. thank you to all that make these events possible piratenanner.gif
BeatNavy
I gotta punt this year, guys. It's on the weekend of my wife's birthday, and my daughter is bringing friends in to visit. Someone else is going to have to loudly whine about not winning raffle prizes (and I was SURE I was going to win Spoke's tailight kit this year, too). Someone else is also going to have to bring an ugly car to make Ralph's look good.

Thanks Travis, Bob, Tony, etc. etc. (whoever I'm missing) for all your work. It's going to be a blast. It looks like a fantastic area to rally.
trylon
Looks like a great way to see what other 914s are within the area.

My only problem is the guest I would like to bring cannot guarantee she can attend until much closer to the event date. How late might I be able to register her?
Olympic 914

Small consolation I know, But on my bill the Resort fee was waived.

not to say they won't charge it when I get there.

Maybe Travis can confirm.

@OrangeBones

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and having a great drive.
VaccaRabite
I'm looking forward to the event, but the sticker shock did take a moment to push through this year, for sure.

That said.

Putting on these events is a lot of work. I know, I used to do it. NY is expensive, and resorts are expensive. We used to skirt these costs by having camp-outs or staying at fleabag motels (ahhhh - the Knights Inn - good memories). Everything is a compromise, and this year the pendulum swung towards (hopefully) opulence.

Zach
rgolia
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 24 2024, 04:51 PM) *

I gotta punt this year, guys. It's on the weekend of my wife's birthday, and my daughter is bringing friends in to visit. Someone else is going to have to loudly whine about not winning raffle prizes (and I was SURE I was going to win Spoke's tailight kit this year, too). Someone else is also going to have to bring an ugly car to make Ralph's look good.

Thanks Travis, Bob, Tony, etc. etc. (whoever I'm missing) for all your work. It's going to be a blast. It looks like a fantastic area to rally.

Say it aint so...... sad.gif
rgolia
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 25 2024, 09:29 AM) *

I'm looking forward to the event, but the sticker shock did take a moment to push through this year, for sure.

That said.

Putting on these events is a lot of work. I know, I used to do it. NY is expensive, and resorts are expensive. We used to skirt these costs by having camp-outs or staying at fleabag motels (ahhhh - the Knights Inn - good memories). Everything is a compromise, and this year the pendulum swung towards (hopefully) opulence.

Zach

The good old knights inn....slept with one eye open both times I was there. Dont forget the gas can with no one knows what alchol was in that thing smile.gif
OrangeBones
QUOTE(StarBear @ Mar 23 2024, 03:16 PM) *

This is the charge for the one room suite. The other charges are for catering and are shared and baked into the registration fees.
Pre Tax Total: $600.40
Taxes: $48.04
Resort Fee: $0.00
Total: $648.44
OrangeBones
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Mar 24 2024, 09:17 AM) *

I'm going to check my schedule and see if I can make it.

I hope you can!
OrangeBones
QUOTE(Firstcar @ Mar 24 2024, 03:42 PM) *

Just signed up and excited to attend my first 914World event and meet some of the wonderful people that inhabit this forum! Looks like a fantastic venue and should be a great time. thank you to all that make these events possible piratenanner.gif

That is great that you are able to make it! Looking forward to meeting you.
OrangeBones
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 24 2024, 03:51 PM) *

It’s too bad we are going to miss you this year. If you are up for a covered bridge trip later in the summer let us know! Plenty of places for you to crash.
OrangeBones
QUOTE(trylon @ Mar 24 2024, 05:00 PM) *

Looks like a great way to see what other 914s are within the area.

My only problem is the guest I would like to bring cannot guarantee she can attend until much closer to the event date. How late might I be able to register her?

May 1st is the latest I believe we can go. Hopefully that gives you plenty of time. Let me know.
OrangeBones
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Mar 24 2024, 06:26 PM) *

Small consolation I know, But on my bill the Resort fee was waived.

not to say they won't charge it when I get there.

Maybe Travis can confirm.

@OrangeBones

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and having a great drive.

Added this earlier but here’s my charges.

Pre Tax Total: $600.40

Taxes: $48.04

Resort Fee: $0.00

Total: $648.44

wes42
2000 miles......should I? or shouldn't I?
Click to view attachment
OrangeBones
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 25 2024, 08:29 AM) *

That said.

Zach

Thanks Zach - Resort places that have good teener terrain are a bit pricey if not on the Knights Inn side of things. It might vary year by year if we find new spots to serve as home base. I hope everyone enjoys the accommodations, as last year felt like we were on the set of The Shining…..
OrangeBones
QUOTE(wes42 @ Mar 25 2024, 08:01 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Two words…..Hell yeah!
emerygt350
I am not sure what would happen if we parked next to each other. Purists might have seizures.
Dion
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 26 2024, 03:15 AM) *

I am not sure what would happen if we parked next to each other. Purists might have seizures.

lol-2.gif beerchug.gif
rgolia
QUOTE(wes42 @ Mar 25 2024, 09:01 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Yeah baby.......that looks like a hoot to drive. If you do come do not let Travis drive it.
TonyA
Are you flying or driving. Either way it looks like you will be flying with that thing.
StarBear
QUOTE(TonyA @ Mar 27 2024, 12:32 PM) *

Are you flying or driving. Either way it looks like you will be flying with that thing.

Looks like a plane to the left as backup!
emerygt350
It can fly
TomE
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Mar 25 2024, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 25 2024, 08:29 AM) *

That said.

Zach

Thanks Zach - Resort places that have good teener terrain are a bit pricey if not on the Knights Inn side of things. It might vary year by year if we find new spots to serve as home base. I hope everyone enjoys the accommodations, as last year felt like we were on the set of The Shining…..
Matt and I are looking where we live to put one together. It might take some time but we have great roads and in mid to late June prices for motels are decent. It would be in the Williamsport PA area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.