Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long cold start
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frostyf
So my cars been sat for a while as in "coming back from the dead", and whilst Ive turned the engine over over the last 6 months and have got it to fire up with starter fuel, I couldnt get it to run steadily.
There's a few good threads in the world to help:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=340665

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=361098

Checked the fuel supply and spark first. The distributor and plugs were all good and I had a good spark from each plug lead so began to suspect the fuel pump.

Its mounted at the back behind the passenger firewall, but after removing it, found it seemingly dry. Then tried the pump briefly away from the car, (its just a through pump : inlet and outlet, not a 3 port) but it seemed to work okay with a vacuum and pump just fine.

I did a quick check of Ian Kerrs fuel line replacement video (good one) and wondered if I'd got crud in the lines. The tank is pretty new but I couldnt lift it up and after giving it a good yank realised I'd pulled the supply hose off the bottom connectorand the dregs of gas in my tank drained onto the deck. Found the tank only had about 20cm of hose which seemed to have a nice twist in it and the return hose was perished.
Click to view attachment
d
Click to view attachment

I did find that my car seems to have a sway bar hole marker/former and some nuts already fitted internally for a swaybar, although the car isnt equipped with one. Gonna try work out what I need to fit one before the tank goes back in.
Click to view attachment
emerygt350
Ouch. Have you hooked up a temporary tank? I would want to get some gas to the pump and see if it all works. Just a fuel can with your return and pull hoses in it. I would want to know if there are other issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.