Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to find light bucket spring?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
I recently sent a bunch of part for plating and way too many of them got lost in the process. Not going to talk about this...

Among those, the springs that are in the light bucket assemblies. Does anyone know the actual part number for it and where I can get two new ones? Thanks! smile.gif

This!

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Probably at ACE Hardware IF you have one to measure
Montreal914
Yeah… seeing there aren’t any answers, I was getting to this follow up question…

Can someone measure the OD and the wire diameter ideally using a caliper? pray.gif

Fronm the picture (Google) the spring has 12 coils.

I wish I had measured them before sending the two sets I had to plating… dry.gif

Thank you!
bdstone914
@Montreal914
'
I sourced a similar spring at McFaddendale hardware but the tension was less. The diameter on the wire matters too.
Best to get one from another bucket.
You could try Mcmastercarr.com
Montreal914
I need the wire diameter and the spring diameter. These should be measured with calipers ideally.

I will not just buy something as I have nothing to reference it to. Knowing it has 12 coil, with the two requested dimensions we are good to determine the spring. smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have literally hundreds on the shelf from donor 914 headlamp assemblies

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Apr 9 2024, 07:00 PM) *

I recently sent a bunch of part for plating and way too many of them got lost in the process. Not going to talk about this...

Among those, the springs that are in the light bucket assemblies. Does anyone know the actual part number for it and where I can get two new ones? Thanks! smile.gif

This!

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.