Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommended muffler for /4 header??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Just ordered a Eurorace header (now European Motorworks).....so now I need to search for a muffler.....I've heard the single chamber Flowmaster that is running on "Julius" and I'd like something a little quieter.......huh??

For you smart-asses out there...yes, this time I am getting a real header, not a Bursch without the muffler ohmy.gif
campbellcj
I have a full-size Flowmaster 40-series Delta Flow on my eurorace header. It's a 2" inlet/outlet that is attached via a short stub tube with the 3-hole flange welded on.

It exits straight out back from the collector (no bends) and is hanging from a mount attached to the trunk bulkhead/firewall.

It is still very loud under heavy throttle, but probably not quite as much as the tiny drag-race Flowmaster Brad used. At idle and cruise it is pretty mellow and tolerable.

Jegs (www.jegs.com) has the full range of Flowmasters in just about every size and noise-level desired. They are around $70/ea.
jonwatts
Dude, you're a glutton for punishment bringing that up again.
Mueller
I'm ignoring you Jon, (fingers in ears...lalalalalala)

Speaking of exhausts and such...Pete Weber, wrote this that is a good read:

Pete Weber article
Demick
Mike

I've got a Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow muffler as well. 2" center inlet, 2" offset outlet. Welded onto a Bursch style collector with SS heat exchangers. Works well, fairly loud. I would have preferred to use a 50 series Delta Flow instead for a little more mellow sound, but it was 4 inches longer than the 40 series and wouldn't have fit.

Demick
'74 2.0
ChrisFoley
Chris Farley Racing, LOL!

Maybe I should change the name...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.