Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Measurement needed (Subaru alternator)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
So Im here at my father in laws house in Buenos Aires about to make a bracket for the alternator for my subaru conversion and I left the key dimension for the alternator at ou apartment w are staying in, which is prtty far from here.

So if anyone has access to a 2.5RS alternator and can measure the bolt spacing I would appreciate it a LOT.

Im guessing the WRX uses the same alternator...

-Tony
ArtechnikA
i have an EJ25 alternator in the parts pile waiting to be installed later today; if you thik that'd be the same, i can measure whatver you want. it's from a '97 Legacy Outback with power everything so it's pretty big...
phantom914
Sorry, I can't help you and even if I could, I wouldn't. wavey.gif

Andrew
TonyAKAVW
i have an EJ25 alternator in the parts pile waiting to be installed later today; if you thik that'd be the same, i can measure whatver you want. it's from a '97 Legacy Outback with power everything so it's pretty big...

Thats the exact alternator... I want the spacing between the bolts, i.e. the pivot axis and the tensioning axis.

Thanks!

Kostamojen
17.5cm, thats from the center of the bolt hole to the center of the bolt hole (pivot vs. tension)
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Kostamojen @ Aug 27 2005, 05:42 PM)
17.5cm, thats from the center of the bolt hole to the center of the bolt hole (pivot vs. tension)

agree.gif
Matt Monson
For future reference if anyone has to search for this, all EJ series Subaru alternators are the same dimensions. Doesn't matter if it is EJ18, EJ20, EJ22, or EJ255.

And I have a pile of these alternators in my garage if anyone ever needs a good used one for their project...

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Kostamojen @ Aug 27 2005, 01:42 PM)

What is that in Whitworth? The Cap'n
TonyAKAVW
Thanks for the dimensions! The bracket is pretty much finished, just have to bolt it together and have a small amount of aluminum welding done here.

We used a variety of machines to make the parts, but the coolest one was my father-in-law's EDM machine. Instead of milling out a channel, or trying to mill out square corners, we just used a pre-made copper plug and set the thing up and let it go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.