Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Police officer Loves the 914, I even casued a car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
hey guys,
I need to share my story for the day...

(I feel like the kid in the family who does all the worng things) aktion035.gif

Anyhow,
I was going up I-5 north towards L.A and listening to some good music, feeling the wind in my hair and mostley thinking how GOOD life actually is!
Then in a hill (up) there is some traffic jam and my car dies from whatever reason. and you guys who have been heloing me might think the same as i did... BATTERY again.. I pull over to the side, and I'm in lane #1 and have to merge towards the emergency lane.. Trying to start but wont get ignition.. So here I am, in the middle of a hill with 5 lanes of traffic to my left and 5 lanes of traffic to my right... All i can do is to call my friend in SD and ask him to come up and jumpstart me... I also call Scott from this forum and he tried his best to help me locate a new battery for my car, but since its a sunday everything is closed.
The funny, or maybe not so funny, thing I have noticed here in america is that people slows doen everythime they see a car which is either crasched or standing in an bad place... So this huge traffic jam starts to build up just were i am.. so im sitting in the car waiting an hour and then this guy is giving me a weird look, forget to look straight a head and rear ends this SL 500 mercedes... ops, sorry for casuing a car accedent, no one got hurt though which is very good.

(sorry for keeping this so long, but there is more0

The cop who deals with the accedent starts to ask questions about my car and is really getting into it, he need me to move but the only way is a towtruck and thats another hour away.. (oh it didnt work to jumpstart it) so he turns on his sirens and stops all 5 lanes of traffic and slowley pushes me to the nearest off ramp, he uses his huge bumper to push me forward, while he is giving me directions over the speaker..

Theend of this story is that i finally got a new battery, and we had to push start it since the starter is prob. broken...

The thing is, why would anyone wanna keep a car you have to jumpstart 6 times in 2 days and being pushed by a police car... Well, I wasnt mad or anything, i still think this is the best car i have ever been in!

Thanks for listening all you guys who made it this far down, haha...

(i have pictures of it as well, but will post them later if you want?)

/Cris (who now know how good it is to have AAA)
mightyohm
You stopped in the middle lane of I-5?

You are lucky to be alive!
redshift
huh.gif

God hates 914s.

M
Hammy
biggrin.gif Post the pics! w00t.gif
orange914
QUOTE (Hammy @ Aug 29 2005, 12:12 AM)
biggrin.gif Post the pics! w00t.gif

i agree
Joe Bob
I think the club should ask for a group rate from AAA.... dry.gif
Howard
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 29 2005, 07:58 AM)

We already get a group rate from AA beerchug.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 29 2005, 06:58 AM)

If I was with AAA, I would ban teeners, they cannot possibly make ANY money on them.

John biggrin.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Aug 29 2005, 10:21 AM)
If was with AAA, I would ban teeners, they cannot possibly make ANY money on them.

That is presuming that in your area(s), AAA has arrangements with towing companies that will acutally tow a 914 dry.gif

(though I guess I shouldn't have too many grumblecakes, because yokel they sent out for me wouldn't load the car, it forced me to figure out what was wrong, and I ended up fixing it on my own, and I'm back on the road....)
Toast
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Aug 28 2005, 11:12 PM)
The thing is, why would anyone wanna keep a car you have to jumpstart 6 times in 2 days and being pushed by a police car... Well, I wasnt mad or anything, i still think this is the best car i have ever been in!

Because your in love with the damn thing! rolleyes.gif

I had 2 VW beetles that had broken down on me so many times I gave up counting after 25. Were talking about freeways, streets, intersections.....I cant tell you how many times I had to push that thing off the road, or have my ass sticking out the rear off the side of the freeway wrenching away, or having to walk to get parts, to find a pay phone, or get gas because my gas gauge want working corretly.

Yet, I still loved those damn cars. unsure.gif screwy.gif

Glad you made it off the 5 safely! Interesting adventure you had there.
As an old saying (I use to say) goes.... "Trippy shit happens every day!"
cbenitah
Here are some pics from my strange evening... The photo when the cop was "pushing" me didnt work fro some strange reason..

Whats infront of me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Whats behind me

Sitting sideways is actually very comfortable

Hammy
Scary! ohmy.gif

aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.