Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new project, 2.0 fi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rhodyguy
couple of years ago aaron rolleyes.gif . jeff, that "c" thing is weird. i should have you check out the first f.w. i took in.

hard to torque the f.w. down without the engine rocking to one side. i picked up one of those $8 f.w. locks at the local bug shop. GO BIG RED!!. for the nebraska fans out there.

k
rhodyguy
lock.

k
greenie
Hey Rhody Guy,

Just a heads up..... after I got everything back together on my engine ,all new hoses, fuel lines etc, I have had a few scary moments in the 1st few months of driving.
I replaced the little elbows that run from fuel rail to the injectors with high pressure fuel line. I noticed a drip drip type of leak at one of the injectors. I thought it was just a hose clamp but it turns out that the injector was leaking between the green section & black part.( no pic. ) New injector $200.00! One week later a second one started leaking at the very same spot. Another $200.00! I don't know if it's just coincidence or if i was too rough or what.

I just know that I pop my engine lid frequently now. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative so I can replace the other two.

Greenie
rhodyguy
did you replace both of the seals on each injector? did you use shouldered clamps or the slotted style? i double checked and cleaned up the seating surface where the inj contacts the intakes.

k

greenie
Rhody Guy,

Yes I bought new seals , the little one at the tips & the big one that holds it in place.

The fuel leak was through the body of the injector itself. After redoing my hoses a couple of times with no success, I pumped up my compessor to about 25 PSI & filled the injector with WD40, the fluid just ooozed out of the body itself.

My car had been sitting for sometime so maybe it's just one more thing that got old & dried out.

I look forward to seeing you again Kevin!!

Say hi to stromberg.gif for me. ( I couldn't resist)

Greenie
rhodyguy
progress on this one tho. final wiring harness to install and remaining new hoses.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.