Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how about a gathering at my house
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
if you have followed my posts regarding my clutch issues, you know it is time for a new one. i also have a leak at my oil pump that needs repair as well.

soooooo......

i have ordered all the stuff and it is in transit. i have never dropped the engine before but it seems like this is a good time to learn. i would however like a chaperone (or 3 or 4) to help guide me along and show me the proper way to do things.

so i am offering all the beer/soda/tea and bbq you can stuff in yourself in exchange for your mechanical knowledge and assistance. it would be nice to have my car back in order before the trip 9/17 up to kerry's.

i am in poolesville MD so i am not too far from a bunch of you in the area.

i know this is short notice and i understand if schedules don't work. however, if you choose to make it, there will be a smoked pork shoulder with my homemade bbq sauce, smoked chicken, some tater salad and of course the appropriate refreshment.

send me a pm if'n ya got the time to spare.

thanks............ scott
scottb
self serving bump

ok, timing is tight and the friggin' gas prices are high.

$15 to each driver to help off set the price of petrol..... and enough bbq to take home to the family so the sig other is happy.

if this doesn't work out, i will be the guy with the slipping clutch at kerry's!!!!
jtf914
Sorry, I'll be out of town. Good luck.

-Justin
scottb
WOO HOOO!

somebody replied!!!!!

thanks justin... triple rations for you when we finally meet!
Kerrys914
Bring it up and work on it at my house...There will be tons of guys here holding a beer and telling you what you just did was wrong biggrin.gif

If you can get it here we can drop the engine and fix it by the end of the day. Maybe we will make you car a big tech session.

Cheers beerchug.gif
scottb
you got yourself a pm and a stunt car for the day!

that and a boat load of groceries! how about some bbq!?!?!?!

smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
type47
this may not be the way to do it, but i have a used pressure plate and clutch disc that could be put in... (throw out bearing too).

drop the tranny at 11 and be eating lunch at 12 biggrin.gif
scottb
well i have a new clutch and all the accessories coming by friday but thanks for the generous offer of parts. if you want to show me how to do the 1 hour changeroo i am game. beer and bbq offer still stands.....

i would love to have this thing mobile before kerry's but if not, it does drive, and i will take it up to kerry's to get some group therapy. wacko.gif wacko.gif

scottb
self serving bump....... the bird says the stuff is on the way so all i need is parts, pork and beer...... the rest is up to those who accept the challenge! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
crash914
Scott, you are welcome to work on it at my house....only problem is I am going out of town for the week on the 11th.

I have all the spares needed. like new clutch disk, pressure plate and flywheel. I did replace all in mine when I put the new engine in....

All parts are nearly new.

If you can or want to wait, I can give you a hand...I do have a large air compresser and all tools needed. anyway offer is open.

PM me for address and number for future. I am just west of ellicott city, just off I-70 at marriottsville rd. In woodstock.
later, herb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.