Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plans for Labor Day....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mrs. K
So it's Labor Day...tradionally the end of summer sad.gif ......what's everyone doing...besides hangin' out here on the board?

Anyone having a party...local...can I come too? laugh.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
Sparky
I'm gonna finish up a bluestone walkway in front of my house, wrench on the 914, then I've got filets, Salmon steaks, and Asparagus hitting the grill. Of course the wife doesn't know about the wrenching yet. She's gonna be off with the kids then biggrin.gif and to wrap up the evening a few of my new favorite recipe in front of a fire:

1 small bag of frozen peaches
4oz. tequila
2oz. triple sec
1 bad ass blender
1 shot peachtree

Viola - instant frozen peach margarita's, I float the peachtree on top, it hides the tequila from the wife wink.gif

Gee Lisa if you hop a flight quickly the blender will just be getting fired up as you it the ground in Boston wink.gif
Joe Bob
Call a few of yer girlfirends.....bring bikinis....drive 1.5 hours north....yew kin help wash all the P-cars......I'll take film, dispense Margaritas and advice..... rocking nana.gif
qa1142
My Camp 914 driving light went out sad.gif

I think I must have lost the ground, so I am off to fix that.
morph
do some body work on the 71,work on some molds i have been building for some new parts,take the kids over to the high school parkin lot to watch them knock over cones with the go carts.actally nathan has got real good.
james
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Sparky @ Sep 5 2005, 08:36 AM)
I'm gonna finish up a bluestone walkway in front of my house, wrench on the 914, then I've got filets, Salmon steaks, and Asparagus hitting the grill. Of course the wife doesn't know about the wrenching yet. She's gonna be off with the kids then biggrin.gif  and to wrap up the evening a few of my new favorite recipe in front of a fire:

1 small bag of frozen peaches
4oz. tequila
2oz. triple sec
1 bad ass blender
1 shot peachtree

Viola - instant frozen peach margarita's, I float the peachtree on top, it hides the tequila from the wife wink.gif

Gee Lisa if you hop a flight quickly the blender will just be getting fired up as you it the ground in Boston wink.gif

laugh.gif Mmmmm...those peach margarita's sound great!
Jet Blue flys direct from LB airport (5 min around the corner from me) to Boston......what's your address? lol2.gif

Lisa mueba.gif
J P Stein
Gonna go watch JimC work on his car.
Hopefully, he'll get it runnin' so's we can go for a drive. biggrin.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Sep 5 2005, 08:42 AM)
Call a few of yer girlfirends.....bring bikinis....drive 1.5 hours north....yew kin help wash all the P-cars......I'll take film, dispense Margaritas and advice..... rocking nana.gif

beer3.gif Is the sun shining there yet? We'd get pretty cold in our bikini's in the "overcast" skies of Santa Barbara....unless you have something else in mind?? lol2.gif

Are you gonna be wearing the shorts you kinda have on from your avatar...crack boy?

Lisa cool_shades.gif
spare time toys
My day is just hanging out here at work hoping nothing breaks. beerchug.gif
McMark
Pulling the rear floor pan out of the six. wacko.gif Sooooo many spot welds.
zymurgist
I'd like to get Babydoll's gas tank and front fuel lines connected, if I can figure out how to get the 3/8" feed pipe connected to the 5/16" fuel pump nipple. And I'm probably also gonna repack a CV joint on my tail dragger, and connect up all the electrical, cables, etc. that I disconnected when I did a partial engine drop. It won't hit the road today regardless, though, since Babydoll is blocking it in. Perhaps if it gets hot this afternoon, I'll take the big Benz out for ice cream.
Spoke
Trimming shrubs... Having one of these beer.gif between each shrub...

Also looking at the right front brakes on the 914. Seems to be pulling to the right under braking. Found the outside pad was completely worn out, inside pad about 1/2 worn. Hmmm. Both pistons push back with about the same force, Both come back out about the same distance when the brake pedal is depressed. Sticking piston on the outside?? What to do with it??

Spoke
tat2dphreak
I've got about 20 boxes going into the attic of the new house, and I have to assemble my new Grill and lawnmower... smilie_pokal.gif

I can't get to the car for all the shit in the way right now... but I'm still rellishing in the fact it made it under it's own power the 15 mile trip from the apartment to the house... beerchug.gif have a good one guys! beer3.gif
goose2
Labor day.......long walk in the woods with the dog in the morning followed by computer time and coffee. A little wrenching in the afternoon followed by a test drive hopefully. Friends over for BBQ, badminton and gin & tonic in the evening. Sleeep...work tomorrow.
Joe Bob
Cold and bikinis make gud pics.... rocking nana.gif

Did the tank pull on the 911 yesterday....finally have a functioning gas gauge again....installed the engine on the Speedster (Frank Jr), ran out of time and had to pick up kids before I got it started......

Today is lawn mowing, putting summer toys away, and general mayhem around the house......doing some logos for the upcoming German Auto Fest....
Allan
Wash the teener and hose down the patio...
hmeeder
Hell, yeah! Install Pistons, Cylinders and Heads on the 2.4 short block. Fiddle with fabbing a shroud for the oil cooler.
Howard
Had big plans for getting things done but came to my senses. Going up to Rock Store and beach, then friends' house for pool and BBQ this aft. Sloth is good.
michel richard
Clean the bare tub in preparation for POR 15. Been working on the cockpit all morning. Running out of stripper, though. Dunno if I can find some today.

Oh well, I may have to quit early and have a few ales.

Weather is decent here, kinda kool, may nudge 70 F, but bright sunshine.

Michel
914fire
Just hanging out out work playing X-box and waiting for someone to have a bad day..........
Jake Raby
Business as usual... Just without the inbound/ outbound delivery trucks and NO DAMN PHONE RINGING!!!! boldblue.gif

Andyrew
Finish the neo fenders..... (hopefully)

Thats about all I got.
Eric_Shea
Stranded here in Cape Hatteras sucking off someone elses wirless biggrin.gif

Babes, Bikini's and Beach
GWN7
Bailing out Smokey....after a perfect driving day and night I forgot to put the roof on and it dumped about 3" of water......at least I know the floors don't leak.. huh.gif
Maltese Falcon
We did the mango margaritas & steaks last night. My son's pal just turned 16 so I strapped him into the six and did some twistys in the hills/ and the 101 onramp @ Universal this morning. He took a short vid of it, if all is good "Film at 11".
I turned the pool over to the teens for today--I'll do lifeguard duties lol2.gif
Marty
jimtab
Just a slow day on the north coast, good weather. Spent the 1st half of the day on chores...getting the car ready to get the ding fixed on Tues, garbage out, etc. etc. clean the hot tub...etc. PM..not one fucking thing....god I love a day with no schedule....by the way Ms. K , I think you may be a "mixer" , are you trying to incite a party? Well, good for you....wish I was closer... happy11.gif
ConeDodger
Well, this morning I mowed the lawn. I had to do that with the push mower as it seems one side of the tractor mower deck has taken a crap. Then I washed and waxed the Boxster. Took a dip in the pool. Right now, I am sitting on 914Club pondering what I am going to do about my dog and cats when I go to New Orleans in a couple of weeks for a FEMA emergency medical response team assignment.
In a little bit here, I am going out to the garage to connect the last of the SS brake lines and bleed the brakes on the 914. If that goes well, and there is no reason to believe it will, I will drop the rear springs and shocks and mount up the Koni Sports and Welty 140's.
I am noticing more Sacramento area members of late. Perhaps a BBQ at my house sometime soon?

Rob
watsonrx13
Well I did work on the teener this long weekend. I installed the complete interior, less the back pad, I need to have it reupholstered. Anyway, here's the first photo after I began installing the carpet.....

watsonrx13
And here's the final photo after installing the seats.... Here's my web site that shows the complete installation.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend...
dekman
Just finished backhoe'in a BBQ pad(8hrs) ... " a Honey Do". Did go to a saturday meet(PCA) in Cammarillo...approx. 60 porsches there and I was the only teener there! Met a guy who is restoring a real 9146GT. His garage also contains "Mrs. Porsches 916", a 962 race car and soon to arrive 962 street version from europe. If I get invited to his garage, I'll get some pic's. pray.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Sep 5 2005, 12:31 PM)

clap.gif Dang, Shea...what a cutie! Does your wife know you are takin pics of such cute chicks? wink.gif

Seriously...is that your little girl? She is a doll baby!

And hey...her suit looks like mine! wub.gif

Lisa biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
Wife's family had a surprise 40th Bday party for my brother in law & me yesterday. A real surprise since his was over a month ago and mine is in December.

Then today we took our son to the Hesston Steam Museum road the big & little trains and seen some very old & cool steam powered (well duh) tractors and cars.

Pic of some small trains:
GaroldShaffer
All trains are ture miniture scale functional steam engines, way cool.
GaroldShaffer
last picture - Steam tractors, very loud, smokey, but cool.
Joe Bob
My bro in law collects those....has about ten of them in the barn in Lancaster...CA.
Toast
Slits cleaned a completely filthy trans, bought a 2.0 and installed the engin and trans. And that was just today! ohmy.gif pray.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Sep 5 2005, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Sep 5 2005, 12:31 PM)

clap.gif Dang, Shea...what a cutie! Does your wife know you are takin pics of such cute chicks? wink.gif

Seriously...is that your little girl? She is a doll baby!

And hey...her suit looks like mine! wub.gif

Lisa biggrin.gif

Probably about the same size as yours too Lisa..... happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif you sweet thing.....
Brando
Pulled fenders off of the 944, treated the rust in the body seams and had a friend give'r a one-over.

Aside from that, fried my $5 no-start fix. Relay broke't. Maybe I should replace the faulty starter?
rick 918-S
Sandy and I built a deck at the lake. Were almost finished with the dang thing! clap.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Slept till noon. (Sleep deprivation, circadian disrythmia. You know it as "jet-lag"). Saw a movie with the wife. The Constant Gardener, (a good one). BBQ, Rum and a little Coke. Coka Cola that is. Goin for a drive tomorrow.
Cheers, Elliot
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Brando @ Sep 5 2005, 10:18 PM)
Pulled fenders off of the 944, treated the rust in the body seams and had a friend give'r a one-over.

Aside from that, fried my $5 no-start fix. Relay broke't. Maybe I should replace the faulty starter?

You bought a 944? Don't you know that car is for wussies? You better sell it to AAaaron. laugh.gif
Elliot
JB 914
Appetizer: King Crab legs w/ drawn Butter & Lemon

Main Course
smoked Coho Salmon on Alder planks
Scallop Kabobs w/ Peppers, Onions and Tomatoes
w/ Chipolte Aeoli dippin sauce

Dessert:
some fuffy jello thing the girls whipped up (all w/ splenda and no fat)
it is actually not too bad

oh, i did look at my car when i was getting the charcoal smile.gif
mightyohm
I installed a new transmission output shaft seal (will probably redo because it went in a little crooked, which always seems to happen to me).

I removed my rear brakes, hubs, and wheel bearings. Started to break down the calipers and realized I needed a Torx driver, will have to go to the FLAPS tomorrow.

Fun stuff.
biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
And hey...her suit looks like mine!

Yours looks... different (that's a goooood thang) biggrin.gif

(Where's the "Boing" smiley?)
Dr. Roger
Drove the 914 for a few fun hours.

Then it caught on fire. Spontaneously behind the gauge cluster just as I pulled into the garage. Obviously electrical.

Had fire extinguisher handy and put it out.

Taking a little break from it now. ohmy.gif huh.gif wink.gif

Roger
sgomes
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Sep 5 2005, 09:29 PM)
Sandy and I built a deck at the lake. Were almost finished with the dang thing! clap.gif

Holy Crap Rick!!! Is there anything you CAN'T build??? That looks better than our cabin! smilie_pokal.gif
messix
well i loaded up the
messix
to go here
messix
to do alot of this
messix
to see this [ yes that is a picture that i took, thats how high up we get in the mountains]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.