Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Auto Fest (GAF) Sept. 10 & 11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jenny
Dan, college boys (the likes of Aaron, Matt & Brandon) are only allowed to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon, Natty Ice, Coors, and Budwiser (the KING of beers). It isn't until they finish school that they graduate onto the finer brews in life. beer.gif

Mikey will no doubt be sipping on a bottle of Jager by 7am. lol2.gif

Jen
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 9 2005, 10:05 AM)
Dan, college boys (the likes of Aaron, Matt & Brandon) are only allowed to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon, Natty Ice, Coors, and Budwiser (the KING of beers). It isn't until they finish school that they graduate onto the finer brews in life. beer.gif

Jen

jenny laugh.gif

mike will roll up with a paper bag around a bottle of jack like he did at the headrage lightoff lol2.gif

favorate mikey moment -
"hey yall....watch this" leaves some supercharged dodge rubber in sklines street biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif

mike is mah heeero rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 9 2005, 09:05 AM)

Jen

ohmy.gif Jen, Hamm's, Old Milwauukee, Schlitz and Everclear! I went to college as well! beer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
I might caution you that, as a state facility, no alcohol is allowed on the premises. If alcohol is found among the sellers, buyers, or spectators, they're obligated by law to make you leave, Bob could lose the priveleges to hold future GAFs in Ventura, and I, for one, would BE PISSED! Be cool out there! The Cap'n
xitspd
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 9 2005, 09:22 AM)
I might caution you that, as a state facility, no alcohol is allowed on the premises. If alcohol is found among the sellers, buyers, or spectators, they're obligated by law to make you leave, Bob could lose the priveleges to hold future GAFs in Ventura, and I, for one, would BE PISSED! Be cool out there! The Cap'n

That's why I stay in nice hotels with nice bars!

Dan
Howard
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 9 2005, 10:22 AM)

Hmmm. The Ventura County Fair was there a couple of weeks ago and lots of beer vendors. Are you sure?
xitspd
QUOTE (Howard @ Sep 9 2005, 09:42 AM)
I might caution you that, as a state facility, no alcohol is allowed on the premises.  If alcohol is found among the sellers, buyers, or spectators, they're obligated by law to make you leave, Bob could lose the priveleges to hold future GAFs in Ventura, and I, for one, would BE PISSED!  Be cool out there!  The Cap'n

Hmmm. The Ventura County Fair was there a couple of weeks ago and lots of beer vendors. Are you sure?

Is the GAF in Ventura or Salt Lake City? lol2.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (xitspd @ Sep 9 2005, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Sep 9 2005, 09:42 AM)
I might caution you that, as a state facility, no alcohol is allowed on the premises.  If alcohol is found among the sellers, buyers, or spectators, they're obligated by law to make you leave, Bob could lose the priveleges to hold future GAFs in Ventura, and I, for one, would BE PISSED!  Be cool out there!  The Cap'n

Is the GAF in Ventura or Salt Lake City? lol2.gif

chairfall.gif clap.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Trust me, you don't have the required permit, you'll find the exit a LOT faster than you planned ......................... The Cap'n
Joe Bob
They sell beer by licensed vendors.....private alcohol possesion is a bozo no no....
Grimstead
Mr Cox: What day(s) are you going? I just saw this thread confused24.gif
chatsmiley.gif driving.gif
markb
Well gang, we're all packed up & ready to head out. My cell is (805) 712-4675. Please let me know what's happening for dinner, breakfast, etc. I'd really like to get together with other Club members this weekend. See ya at GAF! wavey.gif
Steve
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Sep 9 2005, 06:19 AM)
QUOTE (Steve @ Sep 9 2005, 06:59 AM)
Who's heading up from South Orange County?
I will be driving my 993 Cabriolet up Sunday morning around 6-7am.
I thought what the hell since its Carrera year.
Please no tail dragger flame wars  :shoot2kill:

Whut make yew special???
wink.gif

Absolutely nothing makes me special.
This year is the Carrera year and I heard next year is the 914 year so I thought I would drive the tail dragger this year.
I was just wondering who was going up on Sunday so maybe we could all meet on the way up or have lunch or something...
Jeeeez flamed by another tail dragger owner.
What is the world coming to....
I think someone has a complex or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. flipa.gif flipa.gif
Aaron Cox
I believe im going up saturday with grimstead
Joe Bob
[/QUOTE]

I think someone has a complex or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. flipa.gif flipa.gif [/QUOTE]

So I guess I can't buy ya a beer?

bootyshake.gif
BTW....I'm bringing my 911 cab.... cool_shades.gif
Steve
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Sep 9 2005, 08:08 PM)
I think someone has a complex or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. flipa.gif flipa.gif [/QUOTE]

So I guess I can't buy ya a beer?

bootyshake.gif
BTW....I'm bringing my 911 cab.... cool_shades.gif

I'll take the beer. beer3.gif givemebeer.gif
The club would be boring without you!!!
We should all meet at lunch or something on Sunday.
Are you going to be selling stuff again at the swap meet?
Aaron Cox
im down for sunday lunch...
Joe Bob
If I can find another pair of bunny ears....you'll see me. Otherwise I'll be next to Captain Krusty...the 911 longhood cab 3.6 red deathmobile will prolly be in the stall with me....
Steve
Let's all meet at Z's at lunch time.
Easy to find historic GAF land mark. mueba.gif
mightyohm
Lunch sounds good. I'll be hanging around the swap meet in the AM.
dekman
Lets all meet and form a circle around Howard.....our fearless leader! Say 11 o'clock on the grassy knoll ("Peoples Choice" area)? wavey.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (dekman @ Sep 9 2005, 09:29 PM)
Lets all meet and form a circle around Howard.....our fearless leader! Say 11 o'clock on the grassy knoll ("Peoples Choice" area)? wavey.gif

agree.gif Saturday or Sunday?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (xitspd @ Sep 10 2005, 07:40 AM)
Lets all meet and form a circle around Howard.....our fearless leader!  Say 11 o'clock on the grassy knoll ("Peoples Choice" area)? wavey.gif

hopefully sunday unsure.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Steve @ Sep 9 2005, 09:35 PM)
Let's all meet at Z's at lunch time.
Easy to find historic GAF land mark. mueba.gif

Yep, just let your nose guide you from the smell! icon8.gif

This year I've changed my underwear and am gonna hang out with the whine and cheese crowd laugh.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 10 2005, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (xitspd @ Sep 10 2005, 07:40 AM)
Lets all meet and form a circle around Howard.....our fearless leader!  Say 11 o'clock on the grassy knoll ("Peoples Choice" area)? wavey.gif

hopefully sunday unsure.gif

smilie_pokal.gif Sunday! Is Neverland going to be there Saturday night!
Howard
Plan? We don't got no estinkin Plan biggrin.gif
Last I heard, Neverland was not making the trip, but Joe and /L would be coming up Sunday.
Sure, just leave it to Howard. OK, here's the deal. Sunday noon we meet at the Krusty/Butz Exposition. No, I don't know where it is, just listen for the flatulence. We will depart from there per the attached evacuation plan. Those returning to the fairgrounds can just make the short trip back on the 101. Refer any questions to Homeland Security. No whining, no racing! Hi Aaron
SLITS
Damn Howie...why don't we just drive to Jamestown, RI for some lobster.....can't be that much farther........

Ok, maybe Pacific, MO for some crawdaddys & collard greens........

We will be camped at the railroad crossing waiting for the "p56barby-cue". Clothing optional.
Aaron Cox
gee.... gas at 3.20 a gal... and howie wants to do an enduro... laugh.gif
campbellcj
Change in plans -- my son had a huge tantrum earlier and refused to get ready to go, so we're gonna shoot for Sunday ~9am. Will have to leave by 11:45 for another event, but hope to see some of you there.
xitspd
cool.gif The GAF is a bomb! Great weather, Porsche automobiles and Porsche people. In addition to seeing Z, ohmy.gif I saw a original Abarth Carrera! Attached is a picture of Marty(MSDS), myself(5five5.com) and Dave(TRE). Looking forward to seeing the gang tomorrow.......
xitspd
wub.gif Abarth Carrera....
mikey
 Abarth Carrera

Oh God. I got a woodie.

crash914
I am arriving late Sunday....is anyone going to hang at a bar somewhere?

Clue me in...I don't hit Burbank until 2:00 pm...
Steve
QUOTE (xitspd @ Sep 10 2005, 03:28 PM)
wub.gif Abarth Carrera....

Keep that truck off of the railroad tracks!!! ohmy.gif
carreraguy
Just got home from GAF. Not sure, but it looked like a smaller crowd than last year but still a great collection of P-cars! Saturday was the usual Ventura overcast in the am with a little clearing in the pm; Sunday it was beautiful all day! Seemed like there were more Teeners there too. Two Carrera GT's showed up today. Saw at least three 914/6's for sale in the For Sale Corral; most were asking around $16-$18K; one very nice one was asking $33k! The exhibitor focus seemed to be on 356's and tuners; some neat stuff! Renegade Hybrids had an interesting 914 on display with a turbo'd 2004 WRX engine; approx 260hp before any chip tweaking! Will post some pics tomorrow; too bushed now. BTW - next year (9-10 September 2006) will be our turn at GAF - 914's will be the focus! Plan now!
Joe Bob
Yeah...I noticed that the hardcore early birds were not in evidence.....the swap was dead until 10am. Then the flighty crowd showed up.

Mostly the little stuff sold, not much of the big ticket items. Still had fun, saw a lot of familiar faces and the sun came out and baked us....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.