Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Auto Fest (GAF) Sept. 10 & 11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
xitspd
ohmy.gif Perhaps we can meet for breakfast, lunch, dinner beerchug.gif ! What's up with the SoCal contingent?
Howard
Will probably go up Saturday, at least, via Mulholland and PCH. Anyone want to meet AM? Joe was talking about bringing Neverland and throwing a BBQ. Sat Night?
Aaron Cox
what happens on what day??

dekman
Breakfast? Where? I'll be there! boldblue.gif
Carlitos Way
Well, if I can cash in on Bob Mitchell's offer, I'll be up there on Sunday for the GAF. I won't be driving MY teener... but Bob needs a pilot for his other car, in hopes of selling it. Wish I could join you guys on Sat. Maybe I can figure out a way to go without a teener?

C.
john rogers
Can someone setup a webcam at that infamous railroad crossing, just in case?
carreraguy
I'll be down there with my 911 Friday nite. Looking forward to checking out all the Carreras and the swap meet. Of course, since I'm a certified concours weenie I'm in the concours on Sunday too.
Details at: http://www.germanautofest.com/
markb
Marcie & I will be going down on Friday. We'd be up for dinner, breakfast, whatever. Marcie also is doing the CW thing with our SC. I'll be taking the Bus down with parts. Anybody need anything specific? The Cap'n & I have a bunch of parts, and it's hard deciding what all to bring. I will be bringing a stripped pair of early doors, if one of you AX folks need lighter doors.
Maltese Falcon
I'll be bringing up a small caravan of assorted Pcars from Studio City. 914-6s, 912, 996TT,996 Cab, 911sc and anyone else that meets up at the U.S. Post Office , Laurel Canyon just south of Ventura Bl. Sat AM between 7:15 and 7:45
Anyone not familiar with the area & wants to meet-call me @ 818-507-6937
Marty
mightyohm
I'm planning on going. Not sure when I'll get there. Anyone have a hotel room floor I can crash on Sat. night?
Cap'n Krusty
The Cap'n and the Lovely Lyn are contemplating an evening at the fairgrounds track watching the sprint cars on Saturday. Anybody interested? The Cap'n
Joe Bob
I'll be there....selling next to the Krusty one....
SLITS
Sunday only....if at all!
BMITCHELL
Going Sunday for sure. Carlos will be driving the 74 and I'll take the Chalon.
jim_hoyland
Arriving Friday noonat Hol'day Inn; Sat; Sun

Mike D.
I'll be there Sunday for the swap, don't see much point in Sat, when everything on Sat. will still be there on Sunday plus the swap.
Maybe do both day's next year if they honor the 914.
I'll see if I can manage to not get parked in the corner or by a dumpster this year. Seems to happen every time I go to this event.
-Mike D.
Britain Smith
I will be there all weekend. Come stop by the WEVO booth to say hi and check out all the new products! There are even some 914 related items.

-Britain
Allan
I'll be there...

Not sure which day though.
Aaron Cox
what happens on what day?

sounds like people are leaning toward sunday???
BMITCHELL
swap meet sunday only.
xitspd
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 6 2005, 10:44 AM)
what happens on what day?

sounds like people are leaning toward sunday???

agree.gif I will arrive Saturday before noon and leave Sunday afternoon.....
Toast
I might go, but will be there at 5:30 am! So no breakfast meet for me. sad.gif
mightyohm
Sunday sounds good. I wasn't kidding about needing a hotel room floor to crash on Sat. night...
TRE Cup
I'll be there with the black 6 as part of the R gruppe contingent saturday
db
Allan
Any of you Sac, Fresno, Visalia, Modesto guys going?

If so, ya wanna meet up along the way?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Toast @ Sep 6 2005, 12:52 PM)
I might go, but will be there at 5:30 am! So no breakfast meet for me. sad.gif

Why 0530? They won't let you in until 7, and that costs $20 instead of the regular $10. The Cap'n
Toast
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 6 2005, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (Toast @ Sep 6 2005, 12:52 PM)
I might go, but will be there at 5:30 am!  So no breakfast meet for me.  :(

Why 0530? They won't let you in until 7, and that costs $20 instead of the regular $10. The Cap'n

A friend needs to have the booth set up and ready before opening time.
Duffster
Sunday early. Test out new super duper tricky gearbox and schtuff. Sneak through the swap meet. Would like another look at Dave B's black car though...
cnavarro
We'll be at the literature meet 10-2 sat & sun! Stop by, I'll have some club goodies for those sporting a 914 club hat or other club paraphanalia.
crash914
how late does the event go?

I am flying in to Burbank on Sunday pm.....
carreraguy
QUOTE (crash914 @ Sep 6 2005, 05:37 PM)
how late does the event go?

I am flying in to Burbank on Sunday pm.....

Show closes at 5 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.
Kevin@ojai.net
Shoot, I didn't even know it was going on! I'll look into getting a flight down for the weekend. I would be interested in meals or hitting up a few pubs with fellow 914er's when (if) I make it down.

-Kevin
bernbomb914
I will be going sunday for sure maybe sat also. bringing the yellow beauty. leaving temecula sat morning.

Bernie
Britain Smith
QUOTE (cnavarro @ Sep 6 2005, 06:33 PM)
We'll be at the literature meet 10-2 sat & sun! Stop by, I'll have some club goodies for those sporting a 914 club hat or other club paraphanalia.

Hey Charles, I will be there and I will try to find you. I will be at the WEVO booth all weekend.

-Britain
mikey
I'll be there Sunday morning, leaving in time to hit the British Car meet in Palo Alto later in the afternoon.
crash914
Can we get an address or mapquest??

Can I get an Amen?
xitspd
ohmy.gif Just off the 101..........
MoveQik
I just went to pick my car up at the shop for it's pre RRC tune up. I ran into a guy with a gorgeous yellow 914 with a 2.7RS motor in it. Rolled rear fenders, 5 lug chromed and painted, custom seats...the works. His name is Russell. He will be there at the GAF. He hadn't heard about this site so I told him to check it out. Look for him over there and talk him into checking us out. His was one of the nicest cars I have seen here in Phoenix.
Elliot_Cannon

Will you have any ceramic valve lifters with you?
Cheers, Elliot
Toast

Like a 914 GURL hat. biggrin.gif driving-girl.gif
Maltese Falcon
...and don't forget to LOOK both ways after exiting the freeway offramp, while passing under the freeway for the dreaded Union Pacific headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Marty
mightyohm
If anyone else from the bay area is thinking about going and wants to carpool, PM me. I also have a hotel room booked for Sat night that I might consider sharing.
campbellcj
It looks like I will make it Saturday afternoon. Sunday is my dad's 65th birthday so I figure I'd better not miss that...
Steve
Who's heading up from South Orange County?
I will be driving my 993 Cabriolet up Sunday morning around 6-7am.
I thought what the hell since its Carrera year.
Please no tail dragger flame wars ar15.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Steve @ Sep 9 2005, 06:59 AM)
Please no tail dragger flame wars ar15.gif

Whut make yew special???
wink.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Sep 9 2005, 06:19 AM)
QUOTE (Steve @ Sep 9 2005, 06:59 AM)
Please no tail dragger flame wars  :shoot2kill:

Whut make yew special???
wink.gif

ohmy.gif Z where will you be at the GAF? I want to hook up and get my vinyl. beerchug.gif

Dan
Joe Bob
Like you will miss me...... dry.gif

I'll be selling in the swap meet corral sharing/adjacent to Captain Krusty and Mark B. PM me and I will get ya my cell# if ya want.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Sep 9 2005, 08:32 AM)

I'll be selling in the swap meet corral sharing/adjacent to Captain Krusty and Mark B. PM me and I will get ya my cell# if ya want.

bring my rennshifter boot mike smile.gif

and some coors.... beerchug.gif laugh.gif
Joe Bob
In the glovebox of my assdragger....
xitspd
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 9 2005, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Sep 9 2005, 08:32 AM)

I'll be selling in the swap meet corral sharing/adjacent to Captain Krusty and Mark B.  PM me and I will get ya my cell# if ya want.

bring my rennshifter boot mike smile.gif

and some coors.... beerchug.gif laugh.gif

ohmy.gif Screw the Coors! Heineken or Tsingtao OK? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.