Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle 9/14 -Welcome Gint Dinner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DNHunt
Damn that looks like fun. I coulda used a beer last night. Instead I was under the car hooking up everything (I hate CV lube) in hopes of having a running car for next Wednesday. I guess I should have asked about the date. It just proves the old saying "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask?".

Glad you guys had fun.

Dave
DNHunt
Geoff

I'll be around since I'm not ready to drive it to Portland for their AX. It should be up and running tonight. I got all the underneath stuff done on the install yesterday so I'll hook up the cables in the enginecompartment this afternoon. Tuning will start today if I get the new laptop up and running. With luck it should have reasonable tune by Sunday.

Kevin I need to talk to you today

Dave
db9146
Man...I can't believe that. I thought the dinner was on for next Wednesday night as well seeing 9/14 in the title. I've already bought my ticket and the whole bit just for this get together and now I find out I'll be a week late?!

Just kidding...I am coming out on business next Wednesday (Sept. 14) and was really looking forward to meeting some of you. Oh well!!! sad.gif
reverie
Great pictures, Geoff.. thanks! Looks like everyone likes the food and drinks at Duke's. Blair, you need another! Chris, what is your wife's name? All these pretty women, hanging out with us tweeners, very cool..

Next Wednesday might be a go after all? How long will Mueller be in town? Maybe we can have a double feature, Mueller and DB. laugh.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Sep 8 2005, 04:49 AM)
Chris and ?, shit I forgot his wifes name.

Chris and Angela!

I miss that guy. sad.gif Glad everybody had fun.

I love Seattle! wub.gif
Eddie914
Nice to see everyone. Great to meet Mike and Sharon, and Chris and Angela! Great pics Geoff!

Sorry I had to leave so early. I had to go to another car club/beer drinking meeting.

Eddie

914/5
Bleyseng
Mueller said he is in town on Friday and Saturday and leaving on Sunday for Alaska.

Hey, I'll hook up with whoever on next weds.

Eddie you owe me a beer cuz I bought. beer.gif
reverie
Maybe we can talk Mueller into a weekend meet-and-greet? smile.gif

heheheheheh calvin.gif

_

I'd still like to do Duke's on the 14th or whatever works best.
We could put a picture of Gint at that chair, and DB gets a view chair too.
sportlicherFahrer
Ill see what I can do, but I don't have the schedule yet for next week. Lookin forward to meetin some new people though!
effutuo101
Is anybody in the Seattle area spinning wrenches this weekend? Angela went to San Diego for the weekend and I figured I would see if I could bust some knuckles.
Chris
sportlicherFahrer
Wednesday is a go for me!

I have no clue Chris. Good question though. I wouldn't mind helping if anyone need it.
effutuo101
Everybody is prolly in their garage. I have tomorrow free as well. my cell number is 303.807.2757 and my local number is 206.542.3602.
C~
sportlicherFahrer
Ok. So what are the details for this wednesday? If any one needs a ride (Kev) I will have an open seat.
Bleyseng
Do we want to eat/meet somewhere else on Alki? There is the pizza place, the Mexican spot, or on top the Ale house.
DNHunt
You name it. I'm in

Dave
sixnotfour
OK this wensday 9/14 Right ? chowtime.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
I realize I mssed the Gint dinner. flipa.gif
rhodyguy
how about salty's @ redondo?

k
Bleyseng
Is it as over priced as the Salty's @ Alki? dry.gif
effutuo101
Let me know the place name, address and phone number and I will see if i can meet up with everybody.
Chris
reverie
Outdoor seating would be great, but anything with a view is good. It's going to be a nice day - 70 degrees and mostly cloudy - so we won't see much of a sunset, but it's always good to have a view.

Salty's entrees... aren't they $30 and up? blink.gif

Redondo... that's near Federal Way?
sportlicherFahrer
Hopefully we can all plan to go somewhere that is all ages, as I am only 20. biggrin.gif As long as its not too pricy, I'm in. Just need details.
reverie
I wish I had more places to suggest. I guess I don't get out much, and am looking to others for suggestions.. you know what I mean. wink.gif

~ Rog
rhodyguy
so much for a more central location.rolleyes.gif enjoy your pizza in west seattle on wed guys. salads aren't 30 f-in dollars.

k
db9146
My flight lands about 2:30 tomorrow afternoon so I'll have plenty of time to get wherever you guys decide. Just name the place and I'll find it (if its in Google).
Nothing fancy just some good food, no cuisine in particular.

Dee
sportlicherFahrer
Pegasus has really good pizza, if any of you guys want pizza. Its not way overpriced either. I dont know an exact address though.
Gint
This thread's still alive. driving.gif

Have fun boys. I hope the weather is as nice as it was last week.
Bleyseng
Gint, where did you end up eating on Friday nite?? I heard you ended up dancing at the Vogue.....isn't Friday nite Goth nite? Musta been fun.
reverie
Early morning thots.. or not:

We do have great fish and seafood here, and it would be nice if that's on the menu. But mostly a place with a range of prices for entree items, and preferably with a view. Duke's is just one place that fits that description. Are "minors" allowed on the deck? Jim, you look old enough. It sucks being old enough to be drafted or cast a vote or serve on a jury, and not old enough to have beer or wine.

The only problem with Salty's is their entree prices, Kev, and as much as I love salad every day, that ain't some people's idea of food. I wish we could think of a south-end place (this is way overdue as we all know), and we could really use more ideas, that's all. Please forgive me for not being clear about that.

I'll shut up now..
Bleyseng
at Dukes you have to be 21 to go upstairs....

I checked out the Pizza place, Pegasus last night as we went for a walk and hit the Alki Bakery for a goodie fix.
The pizza place does have outside seating, maybe Chris Reale with chime in as he used to work there.
reverie
Fine with me, boss. smile.gif

DNHunt
I wish I knew the area better so I could help with the decision. Pizza, seafood or whatever is fine. By the time you're throught with it, it's all the same stromberg.gif. Somebody make a decision. This is worse than watching the F1 crews decide on rain tires.

Dave

rhodyguy
i need to talk to you dave.

k
DNHunt
Ok, no one wants to decide anything. I'll be at the pizza place at 6:30. If you guys come up with another idea send a search party.

Dave
sportlicherFahrer
Sounds good to me! I'll be there at 6:30 as well.
reverie
Thanks, Dave.

Pegasus Pizza
2516 Alki Avenue SW
Seattle

.. that's about 1 1/2 miles down Alki Ave, folks. wink.gif
db9146
On my way....
Bleyseng
How about teriyaki? Kevin likes teriyaki..... biggrin.gif
Eddie914
You expect me to drive all the way to Pegasus Pizza? That's got to be almost a mile!

The address posted above is incorrect the correct address is:

Pegasus Pizza
2758 Alki SW
Seattle, WA 98116 - 2812
(206) 932-4849

2516 Alki Ave SW is the address for Duke's

Hope to see you there ... if I can afford the fuel.

Eddie
Gint
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Sep 14 2005, 08:12 AM)
Gint, where did you end up eating on Friday nite??  I heard you ended up dancing at the Vogue.....isn't Friday nite Goth nite? Musta been fun.

Thursday night. Spent Friday flying.

Flying Fish Co. Not bad, a little pricey. I personally didn't go crazy over it. But a guy's gotta eat. chowtime.gif
effutuo101
Work issues. Sorry I can't make it. sad.gif chair.gif
Chris
db9146
Had a great time tonight, guys. Glad to meet you all!!

Dee
reverie
It was a fun time, with lots of bench racing. It was really nice to meet you, Dee. I'm glad we were inside.. that soaking rain was unexpected. And wow, what a huge surprise when Dan (IVGUY) from Kelowna BC walked in! That was cool. cool.gif

Dave Hunt's new engine has an incredible exhaust note.. fierce and loud! smile.gif
markb
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
DNHunt
Ok

Here's a pic.

Left front around the table to right front. Roger (Reverie), Dan (IVGuy). Dee (DB9146), James (spiritedTreiber). Eddie (Eddie914) was there for a while and then came back. Dan came all the way down from Canada and Dee was from Atlanta and we only got 2 guys from Seattle. Maybe the Seattle guys are all wannabes.

Great pizza and good company

Dave
rhodyguy
where is the event co-ordinator?

k
Bleyseng
I worked until 6PM and couldn't make it. I talked to Eddie to tell him to say "HI"

thought you was gonna ride along with DaveH, Kevin
rhodyguy
hahahahahahahahah. chairfall.gif AND YOU'RE CONCERNED ABOUT ME NOT RIDING ALONG WITH SOMEONE!!. too much.

k
reverie
Good beer, fun people. biggrin.gif

The next one will be down your way, Kev.. want to be the coordinate-or?

How could you pass up a ride in Dave's car?
rhodyguy
rog, i drove dave's car last sat while he was doing prelim tuning with the mega squirt. i knew by taking it up to 4.5k, it would be a high rev'er. anything i may suggest will be on a saturday or sunday.

k
effutuo101
Yep, I am still at work. headbang.gif I hope to be done in a couple of hours so I can get some sleep! I am glad you all had fun! drunk.gif
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.