Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TORSION SPRING REPAIR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
Ok I looked on the threds, but I didn't see anything regarding repairing and replacing the torsion springs.
I believe I am using the right terminology. I am talking about the hinge on the rear trunk lid. The rear trunk dosen't close all the way, when I push it down, I have to push the edge of the trunk forward to close it, and then there is a gap between the rear corner panel and the trunk. I pulled the trunk lid to begin sanding for paint, and decided to take a look. Where the hinge is welded to the the inside wall, I found it broke loose. So how do I remove the dang thing? There is tension obviously in the bar, so what is the best way to remove it without taking my arm off ? ANy direction would be appreciated...

Thanks
TINCAN914
Ok I got the mounts off, actually very easy. I'm sure mouting it will be a differnt story. Here is what they look like, as you can see the mount points are torqued... Does anyone know what they are called, I assume I can buy them through one of the many sources, but not sure what I am looking for by name.
Bleyseng
They are called trunk mounts... several places have them. The ones I got a few years ago didn't have the center bolt plate welded to the outer plate. Well, that didn't work so I tack welded the sucker so it wouldn't fall out.
Watch wear you mount them as it sets up how the trunk fits.
McMark
Since you don't have access to a welder, someone (Engman?) make a bolt in replacement. Check the vendors area.
Jeroen
Not Engman, but James Adams (JWest Engineering)
McMark
Thanks YaRoon. wink.gif
JWest
I've got bolt-in replacements on my site, and I recommend the rear trunk shocks from Camp914 to replace the torsion bars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.