Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Alive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkV
Took it apart in November.

New engine shelf, outer pass wheel well, bat tray & support, painted the engine bay, Jake 96mm pistons & bored cylinder, Len Hoffman: welded heads for 12mm plugs, new seats, valves guides, studs, springs & retainers, powder coated tin........................

MarkV
as
MarkV
er
MarkV
gh
MarkV
li
MarkV
asdf
redshift
I have never EVER seen cleaner PR toobs!

smile.gif

WtG!

M
MarkV
last
MarkV
Charging system doesn't work.

Got an exhaust leak at the head on the pass side.

Need to sink the carbs & see if it will pass emissions.

Runs great though, no oil leaks, pulls strong, no smoke.

Looking forward to some driving.gif

Tom Perso
Accck! Get rid of that FRAM filter - put something decent on it. Junk!

Other than that, it looks clean clean clean. Good decision with Jake's 96's (I have a set as well) and Len's heads. That thing will run for a nice, long time.

Have fun with it!!!
Tom
ArtechnikA
agree on the Fram...

and this is just a pet peeve of mine which you are free to ignore:

putting a "No Oil" tag on the filler is confusing. does that mean you shouldn't add more, because it's already full? (or that there is no oil in the engine? ...)

IMO - the "No Oil" tag belongs on the coil wire that is taped to the side of the coil, making sure you can't start the engine until you address the situation...
BMartin914
Can you enlighten me to what the advantage of changing the sparkplug from a 14mm to a 12mm is?
URY914
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Sep 14 2005, 05:44 AM)
Can you enlighten me to what the advantage of changing the sparkplug from a 14mm to a 12mm is?

Heads tend to develop a crack between the s/p hole and the valve. By going to a s/p with a smaller diameter you add more material to the area and it won't crack. wink.gif
URY914
I knew someone was going to flame you on that Fram filter cool.gif

It does look good. (Of course it will never look like that again.)

Keep going, great job. beer.gif
MarkV
I knew I would get a flame job over the stromberg.gif filter. What can I say, I am a CSOB I have 3 Mahle filter on the shelf in the garage. Running non detergent oil and stromberg.gif filter for the fist 50 miles, then I will change the oil & filter and adjust the valves.

Jake Raby
I sell both Bosch and Mann/ Mahle filters in my store- use nothing else!!!!!!!!
AZ914
Congrats Mark! smilie_pokal.gif

driving.gif driving.gif
MarkV
Thanks.

Just failed emissions so I will have to get that sorted before driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.