Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RC 914 Bodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
djm914-6
Gwen, if you really want to freak out the puppy, add a hotter motor and a motor sound unit. laugh.gif
Sparky
Awesome job! David what are the dimensions of the R/C Body? How much for one painted Olympic Blue?

Thanks!
Mike D.
GTeener
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Nov 30 2005, 06:25 AM)
Gwen, if you really want to freak out the puppy, add a hotter motor and a motor sound unit. laugh.gif

You're kidding right? I can't even manage reverse yet. wacko.gif
djm914-6
Looks like I just sold off the last of the shells. The last one will be Signal Orange!

I wonder if another group buy would be possible?
djm914-6
Another thought on this...
I may skip the group buy and just buy a stock of these. I'm thinking of stocking up on a few other models too; any suggestions?
bd1308
hmm....

i need to see if i can get smaller tires on my gas-RC body...

its currently a 4x4 truck....could i make it into a car?

b
sjhowitson
I have been watching this thread and think those cars a so cool. What does one of them cost. Everything from soup to nuts ( car, control, body, what ever else you need to run one).

Thanks clap.gif
Nor.Cal.914
Some of them cost over $300 . . . a nice one that's RTR would cost around there. I got mine as a brand new roller for around $110. Then I spent about another $100 on ESC, Battery, Servo, and some other little things. How much for one of those 914 bodies? I really want one! Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
Nor.Cal.914
Any chance you could order an '80s 911 Turbo? Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
djm914-6
hmm....
i need to see if i can get smaller tires on my gas-RC body...
its currently a 4x4 truck....could i make it into a car?

I doubt you could get a truck to fit under these bosies unless you're going for that Baja914 look. smile.gif

I have been watching this thread and think those cars a so cool. What does one of them cost. Everything from soup to nuts ( car, control, body, what ever else you need to run one).

I've been buying the Tamiya M04M Alfa kits from TowerHobbies for between $200 and $250. Then add the 914 shell costs.

How much for one of those 914 bodies? I really want one! Let me know. Thanks-Chris

I'm working with someone to get more bodies. As soon as the price is nailed down, I'll let you know. The price will depend on how strong the USD is to th Euro.

Any chance you could order an '80s 911 Turbo? Let me know. Thanks
-Chris

I haven't seen one of those in a very long time. And even then the one I have is a slant nose.
Mar7ck
What did you use for the chrome on the bumpers and trim???

Mar7ck
djm914-6
All of the bodies I paint, I use liquid mask. This last body, I trimmed the bumper and window trim areas for Spaz Stix Chrome paint. The previous bodies only had chrome paint on the bumpes and used the decals for the window trims. I really don't like the chrome decals. They don't fit well, tear easily and aren't that sticky.
ChicagoPete
Does anyone make 914/6 style Fuchs for these?
djm914-6
I haven't seen 1/10 scale Fuchs. I picked up a set of Turbo Twists for a few bucks on ebay. I'm also thinking of fabricating a set of Fuch wheel covers, but that's very time consuming.
GaroldShaffer
hijacked.gif I have a GT style body that I bought and have done nothing with. I have way to many other projects right now and I know I won't get to this. I think I paid $35 plus shipping for it. PM me if you are interested, $35 shipped to your door.

Back on topic these cars look great. beer.gif I have my stock style body that I would love to have painted, got time for one more?
djm914-6
itsa914, I would be happy to add you to the "to be painted" pile if you want to ship it too me. Email me for details.
djm914-6
This weeks work that I just finished tonight.

user posted image

Details are:
The white car in the back is the goof up body I listed on ebay.
The White car facing front is a custom mix white with painted on chrome trim and bumpers. It also has a few other small details.
The blue car is actually a Color flip paint. Depending on the light, the car will look Blue, Purple or Orange (copper). It's very cool. The bumpers are Chrome paint but the trim is from the decal kit.
The red car next in line has black bumpers per the owners request. I took some time to remove the shine from the roof, sails, bumper tops, valances and rockers for a more reallistic look.
Last car is actually signal Orange and not the Tangerine as it appears. It too has hand painted Chrome instead of stickers.

And that folks is the last of the bodies for now. I'm talking with someone now to front some cash to bring more in and maybe on a regular basis too.
ChicagoPete
Garold, Did you sell that body yet? I have a blue one that I bought off eBay Germany a while back that actually does have turbo twist wheels on it. I would like a fresh body to paint to match the big 914/6GT I am building. Peter
djm914-6
Nice wheels on that one. I've been searching ebay for the Turbo Twists and have onle seen one set.

Greg Treadway is hosting my how to article on his GTautoperformance site. If you're interested in buying some of these bodies, email or PM him.
porker914
djm914-6 I hold you personally responsible for me getting very hooked on RC cars again after an absence of almost 15 years!!!!

I am from England and own 4 real 14's but recently found the 14 bodies from the same source you get them from and have since bought off ebay UK a Tamiya BMW roadster kit which uses the same chassis you listed earlier in your thread and am now about to paint the body. Can you tell me what chrome paint you used as never seen chrome paint effect before?

Many thanks by the way for getting my interest back again my wife hates it!!! well easier then getting in the garage to fix one of the real ones

David From UK
djm914-6
Hey David,
I have a habbit of spending other peoples money and having fun doing so. Just ask BCinSC how he cam to own a 914. biggrin.gif

http://www.spazstix.com/Spazindex.html

I use SpazStix Paint for the chrome and also used their color flip on the blue car. It's very cool. The key with the Chrome spray many (4+) light coats and then back it with black. I must admit that I've had a better look using the rattle can spray than my airbrush with the Chrome. Check your local hobby stores for the SpazStix line. If you can't find it, TowerHobbies.com carries a full line.
djm914-6
Here's my "how to" article on Greg's new site.
http://www.gtautoperformance.com/porsche-9.../remote914.html

Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Okay I have my body and car kit. WOW the kits have about 1,000,000 pices/parts in them.. It's going to be a fun Xmas vacaton putting my 1st RC car together wacko.gif beer.gif

How do I get custom paint? I was going to use a spray can from Tower Paint that matches my REAL car, but I have read that is not a good idea. It will flake off or melt the shell. I need spray cans of Ravanna Green, Black, and light Grey.

Cheers driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.