Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo Valve Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goose2
Got turbo type lower valve covers on 3.0 and need to know how to modify them so they will come off ok after the motor is installed. I understand some material needs to be removed but I have never seen them done. Does anyone have photos of this mod? It would not be cool to get the motor in and find I have to pull it again to adjust valves. sad.gif

Thanks
Eric_Shea
Pretty straightforward...

You can take .40 off the passengers side (I believe). My old car at Jim's has the mod. Maybe Mr. Chambers can snap some pics.

Take them to a machine shop and have them mill off the amount needed. Simple and cheap.

E.
goose2
Thanks Eric...sounds easy enough...but I thought I read that just the corners (which ones?) need to be machined.
(PS....haven't forgotten your cores. Just holler if you're in need)
J P Stein
I used a belt sander, pass side, from the back fwd about 1/3 the length, .400 depth seems about right. Do not install the motor with the covers on. If you can put them on with the motor in place, you've cut far enuff.
goose2
Do not install the motor with the covers on. If you can put them on with the motor in place, you've cut far enuff.

Brilliant smilie_pokal.gif ...........why didn't I think of that?
sixnotfour
<!-- QuoteBegin --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin -->You can take .40 off the passengers side (I believe). My old car at Jim's has the mod. Maybe Mr. Chambers can snap some pics<!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

Das Boat has a freshly milled set too.
J P Stein
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Sep 17 2005, 01:25 PM)

The Das Boat has a freshly milled set too.

Yes, I noticed you have a mill. biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
Sounds like you got all you needed from the wise men who posted above, but if you want pics let me know.
Joe Bob
I use a bench grinder......do the deed after the engine is in......ain't rocket science. wink.gif

Grind, fit, grind again.......best to wash off with a solvent before install to get all the ground off metal flakes....
goose2
have belt sander, have friend w milling machine...will install moto first
........thanks all cool.gif
ein 6er
a tech article on PP with pics ... here .
goose2
a tech article

that helps...thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.