914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif The group beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Kerrys914
The turbo...Very nice work John I. smilie_pokal.gif
Kerrys914
clap.gif
Kerrys914
Some of the group watch Dr. Evil work on the Tranny. Thanks to the Dr. for messing with the tranny and for the stories from his lab classes at school.
Dr Evil
Thank you for sharing you house, space, and company man! I had a great time.....and now off to my crypt to study sad2.gif

You all had such great questions. If anyone needs advise, just PM me. I still answer emails late at night. wavey.gif
root
To Kerry and family,
Thank you for your generous hospitality. We all had a great time. beer.gif
Excellent tech session Dr. Evil! clap.gif
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Congrates Kerry on a job well done!
nein14
Kerry THANKS AGAIN !!! smilie_pokal.gif for sharing your home and all the work you did to make the ECC happen.

Your car looks Great!! love the color! clap.gif
914dave
Kerry,
Thanks again for your hospitality and hard work. It was great seeing so many nice cars and meeting everyone. Looking forward to doing it again.
Dave
plas76targa
Kerry, and everyone who brought stuff, contributed stuff, or said stuff to make us laugh, or answer our questions.. a great big thanks! smilie_pokal.gif

Honest story: I was one of the last die hards to leave, around 5:45. I went over to NJ to have dinner with my dad. When I left there around 7 pm I fired up the portable GPS, programmed in departure point, and destination, hit the navigate button and the little silver box figures route and estimated time of arrival .......

9:14 pm!! Now that's a great omen or what?
jimkelly
My pics of the drive up of the Nova guys - some MD guys - and some South VA guys.

http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/ecc__kerrys&page=all

and one or two extra wink.gif

Jim

* I assume everyone made it home OK ??
wilchek
Kerry,

Thanks for the hospitality and great time. If you ever need an extra hand to work on your car let me know, we are only about an hour away. I know my wife can relate to your story about timing your engine. Yes honey it will be alright, I just need you to hold the throttle steady at 6000, trust me I know what I am doing. Oh ya, if it starts to makes any crazy noises, RUN.

thanks for a great time,
Dan
scottb
kerry,

thanks for the great time. and thanks to your wife for helping to keep an eye on my daughter. that was over and above tha call of duty! smilie_pokal.gif

here are a few more pics to add....

first, arrival at the hotel and my daughter tests the intergrity of the beds....

scottb
next, artsy fartsy pic.....

scottb
top of the driveway with some american iron that snuck in.....

scottb
roots bedliner finished top. it looked great!

Rusty
Kerry,

Sorry I couldn't make it up... I really wanted to, but I'm buried in school work these days. dry.gif

Looks like it was a great time. Hope everyone got home safely. smile.gif

-Lawrence
scottb
and lastly, the most daring picture of all, the group 914 emergency brake test.....

Kerrys914
Hey.. look what time I started this thread smile.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
type47
many thanks kerry! with all the 30+ year old cars, i wanted to ask if everybody made it home OK. i didn't want to speak the words at the time, knock-on-wood and all that.

when i dropped off in baltimore, all the NOVA guys were running fine smile.gif
JmuRiz
The ride home for the 3 of us NoVA guys was just fine till we hit 495 traffic about 4 miles outside!!! Looked like a friday at 5pm!
Was a great time and I love to get the car out to stretch it's legs a bit...no 100mph flybys this time though wacko.gif
Thanks again Kerry for hosting, it was a great drive, a great location and great people....oh yeah GREAT cars too!!!
I'll post pics later, I have other things on my mind at the moment (buying/selling house)
JohnB
Great time, Kerry, thanks to you and Jessica for putting this together and for Midge the 914 dog for the entertainment after Dr Evil's tranny session. Here's my token photo.
JohnB
'nuther photo.

Nathan is correct on the DC beltway traffic. Case and I hit it up near Laurel since we were ahead of the returning NoVa crowd. Easily added 2 hrs to the drive home. No fun!
JohnB
NoVa and MD contingent on the drive up. Zoom Zoom!
zymurgist
I have some pictures too... I hope to post them tonight after I resize them. Yesterday was another "bust ass working on Babydoll all day" kind of day.
jimkelly
HarveyH's post ECC pics.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=2&t=38365&st=0

My attempt to merge the threads.

Jim
GTeener
clap.gif Looks like a fun time was had by all!

Send your favorite cookout hi res photos to me for the club calendar wub.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
O.K. someone ask if everyone got home O.K. nope!!!!!!!
First I took the wrong turn and damn near got to see Philly,after a nice Delaware resident got me on the correct route to the Penn. turnpike( that was 100 miles out of the way) I thought all was well. What more could go wrong,right? Well i get to the Ohio Turnpike toll booth
while reaching for the ticket the 914 stalls,It WON'T START, push it over to the side after checking a few things I come to the conclusion is the 914 hot start problem. Nothing to do but wait,call A.A.A. get taken to nearest motel, get a room this at 4:00 P.M. wait till 8:00 P.M. till it cooled off enought to try it . Started right up. I spend the night there,started up and left at 6:30 A.M. got home at 10:30 , 1,180 miles.
I wouldn't have missed the cook out for anything Kerry is to be congratulated for the effort. I met a great bunch of guys, DR. Evil you are the best. See you all next year . Dave Kimple AKA Barber Dave slap.gif
jimkelly
Is this the type of problem that is corrected by moving the fuel pump away from the heat? Jim

Could have been worse.

How long did it take for AAA to arrive.

Thank you for going the extra mile to join us - well - the extra THOUSAND MILES biggrin.gif

Jim
VARam1500
more pics....
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
above, rendevous in Tysons Corner
below, more cars added in Maryland
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
JmuRiz
Do the people that met up in Tysons remember the RSR flaired car on the Car-carrier on the way to the MD meet-up point?

Well I found out whos car it is:
PP Thread
jimkelly
Sure do - I was thinKing that front suspension would bolt right into my car : )

when I probably should have been thinking ........................ nice car : )

Jim
GTeener
confused24.gif So is anyone going to send me Cook Out pictures for the club calendar or have I been waiting for nothing?
JmuRiz
I finally added my Cookout pics, click on my blog for a looksie.
jimkelly
Nice pics - thanks for posting them - Jim biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.