Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarn-X and Electrical Connections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
I got to thinking after cleaning up my fuse block a bit and replacing my headlight relay. The connectors have a nice patina of age, because they are old. I remember seeing a commercial for this stuff that makes copper look shiny and new, has anyone ever tried this, and if so, how did it work?

I figure less resistance is better for 30 year old wiring, and shiny is better than dingy and green.
Tobra
icon_bump.gif

any comments? Seems like a not too bad idea.
Flat VW
I would be inclined to use a "true" electricial contact cleaning product, no need to "re-invent the wheel".

John
Mark Henry
This stuff is the best...But it.s about $50. (Canadian) for a very small bottle. Lasts a long time though.

http://www.stabilant.com/bccomp.htm
Tobra
Looks like I could run down to NAPA and pick some of this stabilant 22 up when I get my butyl tape for the rear window. Should be good for cleaning up my grounds and contacts for my starter too. Thanks, you rock.
smg914
The contact cleaner I recommend is: De-Oz-Id
It comes in a small aerosol spray can.
bondo
I've used CLR to clean electrical contacts. It works well, but I always make sure that it gets rinsed VERY well, as it is an acidic product and would probably make it worse instead of better if left on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.