Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taking apart Bosch distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
I am taking apart my Bosch distributor and I am stuck. The distributor is from a 2.7L engine and I need to get the part that the rotor mounts to apart from the main shaft that the crank driven gear mounts to. The main shaft assembly has been removed from the distributor already. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob
SpecialK
I don't know........but someone here does. wink.gif

icon_bump.gif
michel richard
I think you'e refering to the top shaft, that rotates a little bit relative to the bottom section of the shaft. The movement accomodates, or creates, the advance mechanism.

The top shaft is hollow for a good part of its length and attaches to the lower shaft either with a screw or a small ring. If it's a screw it's easy. It may be hidden under an oiling pad. If it's a ring, I have found that a violent method can be effective: rest the wings of the top saft on the jaws of a vise, slide a punch down the hollow and give it a good rap with a hammer. When I tried this method, it came apart easily and with no dammage to anything. Try at your own risk, however !

Michel Richard

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.