Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all Bay Area and Portland Area People!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Britain Smith
Only a couple of days left here in the Bay Area! I am busy packing up my stuff, finishing things at work, and bolting parts to the car in preparation for my travels up the Oregon Trail! So, I am looking to get some assistance for anyone and everyone willing to drop by and give me a hand. Both they guys here in the bay area that I have know for a while and the guys in the Portland area that I am sure that I will get to know really fast...

Bay Area Folks:
I am picking up the moving truck early in the morning on Sunday, Sept. 25th (this Sunday). Anytime you wanna swing by and help out would be great. I am going to get started early and load up the car and begin loading the boxes, so around 9:30 would be great. I can;t lift it all by myself and I need to have it all loaded up by 5 p.m.

My address is the following:
1659 Starlite Dr., Milpitas, CA

People who have volunteered already:
Mueller (arriving at 9 a.m.)
Midtowner (arriving 9:45 a.m.)
Neo914-6 (arriving at 9 a.m.)
Brent (not sure of time)
kilo123 (arriving at 9 a.m.)
Lyressa Roberts (not sure of time)
jkeyzer (arriving 11:00 a.m.)
trekkor (swinging by at 5:00 p.m.)
Dave_Darling (arriving at 10 a.m.)
nebreitling (arriving 11:00 a.m.)
SirAndy (maybe)

Portland Area Folks (Hillsboro):
I know that I haven't met many of you guys yet, but I ensure you that I won't forget you if you swing by and help me out. It will be just my wife, son, and I traveling up there and I won't be able to unload it all by myself. I should be arriving Monday evening, but I don't know exactly what time it will be. I am hoping to arrive around 6p.m. and unload as much as I can that evening. Everything else I will get on Tuesday. If you wanna lend me a hand, feel free to give me a call on my cell (408) 603-9945 and I can let you know when I am planning on arriving.

My New Address is the following:
Map to 2347 NE 14th Place, Hillsboro, OR

People who have volunteered already:
Rough_Rider (Monday Evening)
Porsche Rescue (Tuesday Morning - 9:30 a.m.)
J P Stein (Tuesday Morning - 9:30 a.m.)
drgchapman (Either)
obaa996 (might stop by around lunch Tuesday)

Thanks in advance to everyone,
Britain

Also,
For those who attend, you can check out my new motor...
Britain Smith
Here is a map to my place in the Bay Area:

Britain Smith
Here is my place in Oregon:

Britain Smith
One more, zoomed in a bit.

J P Stein
Damn, son, you're out in the freakin' boonies. Leave a trail of bread crumbs and I can help.....I'm pretty spry for an old fart but short on endurance laugh.gif

Lemmeno when you get here. I have an excess of time on my hands till the strike is over. PM me & I'll give ya my home phone #.
drgchapman
hey Britain, I might be able to lend a hand. My daughter has back to school night on Monday, but maybe............

I'll track your thread and let you know as time gets closer. Need a hand truck?
Rough_Rider
We'll ya missed the hillsboro airshow, but thats probably not a bad thing!!

Call me when you get landed on Monday & i'll come lug stuff around.

Cell 503 475 0186

Hey JP I'll bring a syncrometer,
J P Stein
QUOTE (Rough_Rider @ Sep 21 2005, 01:55 PM)

Hey JP I'll bring a syncrometer,

Oh good, we'll have a furniturepackin' carbtunin' hoe down. I'll bring fiddly little wrenches, screwdrivers,& shit...I'll need sustenance.rolleyes.gif
J P Stein
Not sure if I can make it Monday night, but Tues is gud.
Howza' about zooming out on the map a bit.
Britain Smith
You wish is my command...
Dave_Darling
The part that makes me chuckle--my folks' place isn't even on that map at all! They're too far west...

--DD
Britain Smith
Where are all those bay area peeps that said they would lend me a hand...

-Britain
Mueller
what time are you picking the truck up on Sunday?

I'm supposed to be in SJ at around 9, but I can change it an hour or so later....
J P Stein
Ah....now I see where you are. Bout 10 miles from Jim Chambers in one of them rat's maze subs.....fortunately on the edge. biggrin.gif
Midtowner
I'll lend a hand but no overhead lifting for me (rotator cuff injury from auto/bike accident). See you Sunday around 9:45 am. biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
Not sure about Monday night but Tue. am is possible. JP, you can come by my place and I'll show you the way. I only move bedding, towels, other light stuff. JP does all the furniture and appliances. It's a union thing.
scotty
user posted image
Teaching and going to school at the same time sucks...no time for the 914 or even fellow fiends...hell, I haven't even had time to look in on you guys here! I'm almost done with the going to school part though wink.gif

...I just though you'd want to know that we're watching you.

user posted image

ps: my son just turned 15 and got his permit...and I have the coil wire to the 914 locked up biggrin.gif

oh yeah, I've got the cold that's going around and kan't spel wurth a dam
Britain Smith
I updated the list above. JP, are you going to cruise over with Jim Tuesday morning? What time you guys planning on showing up?

-Britain
Trekkor
Sooo, what time are you leaving?

I will be coming through your town around 5-6 pm on Sun eve.

maybe just to say good-bye. wavey.gif

KT
Britain Smith
I won't actually be leaving until Monday morning about 6:00 a.m.

Come on by if you want, it would be great to see ya!

-Britain
neo914-6
If Muellers there, I'll shoot for 9 too. laugh.gif
Brent
I will be there!

Sorry for the delay, my Broadbands been less than helpful lately! I can't believe I got to buy a 914 club hat. Sweet!
-B
chunger
Dah!

If i wasn't working on Sunday, I'd have liked to come lend a hand. Hope the move goes well.

-'Chung
J P Stein
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Sep 21 2005, 08:04 PM)
I only move bedding, towels, other light stuff. JP does all the furniture and appliances. It's a union thing.

Damn, I wish I'da said that laugh.gif
Tuseday morning is fine.

Dunno when we'll be there....whut time's breakfast? huh.gif
kilo123
hey a long way from the city but yes ill be there. ill come earlier maybe 9is because i have to leave early.
Dave_Darling
icon_bump.gif

I should be there by about 10.

--DD
obaa996
I think you are like 2 blocks away from my work..... I can't take the day off or anything, but I could stop by and lend a hand during lunchtime if that'd help..
J P Stein
QUOTE (obaa996 @ Sep 22 2005, 11:54 AM)
I think you are like 2 blocks away from my work..... I can't take the day off or anything, but I could stop by and lend a hand during lunchtime if that'd help..

Which station are ya at on this train's journey? laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
There's a Hillsborough station, IIRC, but I don't think it's too near Britain's new place... biggrin.gif

--DD
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 22 2005, 03:08 PM)
There's a Hillsborough station, IIRC, but I don't think it's too near Britain's new place... biggrin.gif

--DD

I think JP was asking if that guy is in the Bay Area or the Portland Area. I believe that he is in the Portland Area.

BTW, it is spelled HILLSBORO!

-Britain
obaa996
JP: it's me, Mike; Hillsboro of course....
J P Stein
QUOTE (obaa996 @ Sep 22 2005, 02:58 PM)
JP: it's me, Mike; Hillsboro of course....

That's like saying "it's me, Dave", around here...."Dave?..
Dave's not here, man."

Mike Lee?
You got a 996 now?

I'm gettin' too old for this shit.
huh.gif
Britain Smith
list updated...anyone else?
Midtowner
See you at 9:15-ish instead. Thanks! smile.gif
boxstr
Hey Britain that house is the same one I read about in the paper a year ago, OH wait maybe your realtor already told you???
Anyway If yo can pick me up at the airport in Hillsboro I can fly the CAMP 914 jet out and give you a hand.
Don't forget I have a 914 in storage at CAMP, wheres my volunter star??
CCLINBEKINSMOVINGANDSTORAGE
Britain Smith
Alright Guys, tomorrow is the day. I will be picking the truck up early and getting going as soon as possible. Give me a call on my cell 408-603-9945 if you need help with directions.

-Britain
Brent
Looked like I was leaving at just the right time. One of your street possies ( about 10) was rolling down looking for some action. One of the oversized white tshirt wearing dudes was carrying a lead pipe. The neighborhood was nice, but hood rats can be found anywhere. Hope all is ok. Looked like the drama was headed to a house two houses down from Britains.

Thank god you are leaving to Hillsboro. California can suck when adults buy into the thug life.
neo914-6
Larry from SF and I were the first to arrive at 9AM, no Mueller confused24.gif Britain and Angel showed up with the truck, Brent and Eric came in around 9:30, and Lyressa about 10.

Britain, Larry, neighbors, and I got the 912 on the trailer. Many of you Cali's missed seeing Britain's handi-work. Now you'll have to wait until WCC06.

Dave showed about 11 where Eric, Brent, and I had to leave. Hopefully more showed up but most of the truck was filled by then.

Here's what you missed:
neo914-6
engine
neo914-6
our Cal Trans impression, good work Britain laugh.gif
neo914-6
ready to go...
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (Brent @ Sep 25 2005, 01:06 PM)
Looked like I was leaving at just the right time. One of your street possies ( about 10) was rolling down looking for some action.

The police came by and "had some words" with them. When Britain asked the cops what was going on, they thanked him for having his truck parked halfway across the street--they couldn't have set up a roadblock otherwise because they didn't have enough cars.

Things were much calmer after that...

All the "little stuff" took forever to load up; it was about 4 PM when we broke for "lunch". Jeff Keyser and Bradholio both showed after most'a the rest'a you had bailed out. Lyressa was a trooper; she was there the whole day as far as I could tell. I believe Britain and family are going to check into a hotel overnight, because we packed up the bed and all of their furniture.

--DD
mightyohm
I just got home, everything is packed. The truck is FULL to the point where Britain will be spending the drive with some potted plants as passengers. biggrin.gif

Britain said that he is on schedule to leave tomorrow and for the Oregon guys who he has not already spoken to, please call him on his cell if you are able to give him a hand when he arrives.

Midtowner
I just got home, everything is packed. The truck is FULL to the point where Britain will be spending the drive with some potted plants as passengers.

Way to go Team! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
boxstr
Who is going over on Monday from the PDX area??
Craig
J P Stein
Can't make it Monday. I'll be there Tuesday AM.....9:00 ish.
Rough_Rider
I'll be available from 6pm onwards maybe earlier. Will call Britain tomorrow to confirm he'll be there.

Trevor.
boxstr
I will call on Monday afternoon. If not then Tuesday morning.
Craig
drgchapman
Well, I'm out for helping on Monday night. Family obligations.....back to school night for my daughter. Unlike you retired guys and JP who is on strike, I'm working the rest of the week. Looks like I'll see ya at the a/x.

Happy moving.

Gary
Porsche Rescue
JP and I will be there Tue. am. Craig, you can join us. We need a young guy to lift the heavy stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.