please do NOT use the 914 "silhouette" without my approval
It is my design, my copyright and I want to keep it exclusive for 914world.com

thanks...

Jeroen

i had PM'd you about it..remember?
dlo914
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Sep 29 2005, 06:01 PM)
Hey Dan,
My paypal accidently payed you twice mad.gif , could you please send me back the extra $23 payment?
Sorry.

sure!
dlo914
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Sep 29 2005, 05:54 PM)
So, where does this leave the shirt design, then? Either way, I'll get one biggrin.gif

you forgot to specify a size... wink.gif
Dr Evil
Thanks for fixing my prob. My size is XL.

Thanks again wavey.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Sep 29 2005, 06:33 PM)
Thanks for fixing my prob. My size is XL.

Thanks again wavey.gif

NPS! o and shipping to the PA address right?
Dr Evil
Yup.
736conver
I hate to be a party pooper, but...

thanks...

Jeroen

Daniel,

If you need a 914 silhouette let me know. I made a couple 914 designs when I had my cnc plasma machine. It kind of looks like my avatar. Shoot me a PM or email if you want to use my design. I have it in mutliple graphics forms.
ThinAir
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Sep 29 2005, 06:18 PM)

thanks...

Jeroen

Since I'm the one that suggested the silhoette originally, I just wanted to apologize to Jeroen. I didn't know of the copyright issues, but mostly I just didn't think of having the silhoette as actually copying the work of someone else.

So I'm guessing we are back to the original design with the twisty sign and the "Got 914?" under it? I'm disappointed that we can't do the silhoette because I really liked the look, but I understand the issues and I'm still in for 2 shirts.
GTeener
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Sep 29 2005, 05:54 PM)
So, where does this leave the shirt design, then? Either way, I'll get one biggrin.gif

Guess DLO will have to create a unique 914 silhouette design... preferably not the same as mine either wink.gif

He's got his top-off driver silhouette he can use...
GTeener
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Sep 29 2005, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Sep 29 2005, 05:18 PM)

thanks...

Jeroen

But did you get an answer? confused24.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 29 2005, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Sep 29 2005, 06:18 PM)

thanks...

Jeroen

Since I'm the one that suggested the silhoette originally, I just wanted to apologize to Jeroen. I didn't know of the copyright issues, but mostly I just didn't think of having the silhoette as actually copying the work of someone else.

So I'm guessing we are back to the original design with the twisty sign and the "Got 914?" under it? I'm disappointed that we can't do the silhoette because I really liked the look, but I understand the issues and I'm still in for 2 shirts.

There is more than one way to silhouette a 914 without using the Club's logo.

For example, my design biggrin.gif
dlo914
here's the response i got from Jeroen:

Hey Daniel... sorry for the late response...

I wanna keep the 914 "swoosh" exclusive to the club

Nice shirt design BTW!

cheers,

Jeroen

Sep 26 2005, 02:14 PM
dlo914
QUOTE (736conver @ Sep 29 2005, 09:15 PM)

thanks...

Jeroen

Daniel,

If you need a 914 silhouette let me know. I made a couple 914 designs when I had my cnc plasma machine. It kind of looks like my avatar. Shoot me a PM or email if you want to use my design. I have it in mutliple graphics forms.

could i get one of the designs in a simple bitmap format and only in black and white?
GTeener
DLO-

Do something like this:
Jeroen
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Sep 30 2005, 03:24 AM)
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Sep 29 2005, 05:18 PM)

thanks...

Jeroen

And I did send you an answer...
You quoted it above

Usually, I'm not so uptight about my designs, but in this case I am...

Reason?
I was offered serious money by 2 companies who wanted it
I reclined both offers because I wanted to keep it exclusive for 914world.com

So... I (deliberately) missed out on some good money
I choose to, so that's not a problem

But that doesn't mean it's free to use for the rest of the world

clear and simple as that...
It's mine and I decide who/when/why/where it is used

If I'm an asshole because of that... go ahead an sue me biggrin.gif
dlo914
i'll take the logo off.
dlo914
back to this again. So people, are you guys fine w/ this design?
Jeroen
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Sep 30 2005, 06:51 PM)
i'll take the logo off.

thanks

like I said, you have a nice design
It even looks better without the silhouette
Just MHO
dlo914
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Sep 30 2005, 10:01 AM)
i'll take the logo off.

thanks

Just MHO

agree.gif it looks cluttered w/ the logo in there dry.gif ...i like a simple and clean design wink.gif
lapuwali
I'm fine with that design.
seanery
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Sep 30 2005, 01:01 PM)
i'll take the logo off.

thanks

Just MHO

agree.gif much better without the swoosh
aircooledboy
Boy, I'm more than a little surprised that graphic could be copyrighted. It doesn't appear to "embody original intellectual conceptions of the author" or "possess the requisite original creativity necessary for copyright protection." It looks to me to be a bold line profile of a design nobody on this site created or owns. confused24.gif

Not trying to stir up trouble, but has that really been submitted for copyright, or are you just assuming to be as an "original graphic work?
mikelsr
I like it.
lapuwali
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Sep 30 2005, 10:16 AM)
Boy, I'm more than a little surprised that graphic could be copyrighted. It doesn't appear to "embody original intellectual conceptions of the author" or "possess the requisite original creativity necessary for copyright protection." It looks to me to be a bold line profile of a design nobody on this site created or owns. confused24.gif

Not trying to stir up trouble, but has that really been submitted for copyright, or are you just assuming to be as an "original graphic work?

In the US (yeah, I know Ya-roon isn't in the US), you don't have to "submit" your work for copyright. Once you create it, it's copyrighted unless you give it up OR fail to enforce the copyright. I'd say the 914 swoosh graphic is copyrightable, just as the Nike "swoosh" is very much their copyrighted (and trademarked) work.

Jeroen's insistence on maintaining his copyright, as he's done here, is a necessary part of holding a copyright in the US. If you fail to enforce it, you lose it. That's why so many lawyers descend even on owner's clubs that use things like Harley or Porsche or whatever logos on shirts, hats, cups, etc., w/o asking permission first. If they didn't, the copyright holder would lose the copyright.
aircooledboy

In the US (yeah, I know Ya-roon isn't in the US), you don't have to "submit" your work for copyright. Once you create it, it's copyrighted unless you give it up OR fail to enforce the copyright. I'd say the 914 swoosh graphic is copyrightable, just as the Nike "swoosh" is very much their copyrighted (and trademarked) work
Jeroen's insistence on maintaining his copyright, as he's done here, is a necessary part of holding a copyright in the US. If you fail to enforce it, you lose it. That's why so many lawyers descend even on owner's clubs that use things like Harley or Porsche or whatever logos on shirts, hats, cups, etc., w/o asking permission first. If they didn't, the copyright holder would lose the copyright. .

Sure, I understand all that. But, the language I refered to is from seminal U.S. Supreme court cases regarding what is or is not copyrightable as far as graphics are concerned. Just the creation of a graphic doesn't make it copyrighted. It is only copyrighted if it is sufficiently unique and original. I absolutely do not practice in this area, and I am not trying to jack Ya-roon here. I was thinking back to my law school days and the 2 or 3 things on this subject I still remember. laugh.gif It is interesting that you use the Nike swoosh in your example. In law school, one example given in class was that the Nike swoosh is copyrightable, because it is unique, but if I draw an outline of the Empire State building, that cannot be copyrighted, because it is not unique, original or creative.

I really was just curious, but this already sounds way too much like I'm busting Jeroen's stones, so I'll shut up now. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
I like it with out the swoosh. Less clutter, less obvious WTF I am advertizing biggrin.gif
dlo914
2 more days left for ordering a shirt huh.gif
dlo914
Orders will be extended to the 3rd, Monday, b/c the company im ordering from is closed on the weekends. beerchug.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Sep 24 2005, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Sep 24 2005, 11:00 AM)
What color?  Black only?

yup! b/c white would just dirty too easily

yeah but black shows my dandruff laugh.gif

I hate my black Renegade shirt for that...
dlo914
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Oct 1 2005, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Sep 24 2005, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Sep 24 2005, 11:00 AM)
What color?  Black only?

yup! b/c white would just dirty too easily

yeah but black shows my dandruff laugh.gif

I hate my black Renegade shirt for that...

3 words.....Head & Shoulders biggrin.gif laugh.gif
neo914-6
I tried them all Daniel and some you never heard about. Just feel fortunate you don't have this problem... wink.gif
a914luvr
Why don't you make a few extra's and bring them to the 914 swap meet on Oct. 23rd at SLITS place?
dlo914
QUOTE (a914luvr @ Oct 1 2005, 09:14 PM)
Why don't you make a few extra's and bring them to the 914 swap meet on Oct. 23rd at SLITS place?

i plan to prolly make say 10-20 extra wink.gif
ninefourteener
Hey... I'm cool with that....... I didn't really care much for the "swoosh" through the Got 914 text anyway.

When do they get shipped out? The deadline was extended until today, right? Does that mean the orders will be placed today, ot has it already been placed??

No rush.. no worries.... just getting excited about finding them in my mailbox smile.gif

--Matt
dlo914
ive got an uncle overseas that says he could prolly have a turn around time of a week! im prolly gonn have these shirts done through him. most likely an order will be made either today or tomorrow, For sure! here's a few of his work:
dlo914
Last Call for T-shirt Orders!!! spank.gif alfred.gif chair.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (a914luvr @ Oct 1 2005, 09:14 PM)

what's the addy to Slit's place?
dlo914
The last order will be accepted before 9pm (PST) Thanks to those that have ordered smilie_pokal.gif i hope to do another run of shirts if these turn out well. biggrin.gif
ninefourteener
Any word on the status of these shirts??

Not trying to be a pain in the ass.... I'm just excited!! There's a car show this Sunday, and my wife and I want to wear our matching 914 shirts!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.