Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternative to 4 cyl Engine Crossbar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sublime74
I'm building a new 4 cyl motor that I want to dry sump. Anyone have an alternative to the existing crossbar? The dry sump pump will not work with the existing crossbar and front engine mount location.
Mueller
QUOTE (sublime74 @ Sep 28 2005, 10:33 PM)
I'm building a new 4 cyl motor that I want to dry sump. Anyone have an alternative to the existing crossbar? The dry sump pump will not work with the existing crossbar and front engine mount location.

make a bulkhead mount similar to the factory /6 cars...not sure I'd trust the fan housing so you'd have to possibly go thru it with the mounting bracket....

or you could mount the pump on top of the engine??
Jake Raby
The mount bar will not get in the way if you use the correct pump.... All my FP racers yuse the stock mount bar with no issues...
SLITS
hijacked.gif

Jake...you know you look like Gary Berghoff (Radar)....right? laugh.gif

hijack over

The problem with mounting the type 4 with a six type mount is going under the fan housing...unless you have a mystery DTM from Jake. The mount would hang much lower that the regular bar to bolt to the engine. Yes, I thought about it.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 28 2005, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (sublime74 @ Sep 28 2005, 10:33 PM)
I'm building a new 4 cyl motor that I want to dry sump.  Anyone have an alternative to the existing crossbar?  The dry sump pump will not work with the existing crossbar and front engine mount location.

make a bulkhead mount similar to the factory /6 cars...not sure I'd trust the fan housing so you'd have to possibly go thru it with the mounting bracket....

or you could mount the pump on top of the engine??

That's OK, the fan housing is likely to be in the way as well. Need to use Jake's shroud setup. If the shroud were out of the way, you could probably work arounf the crossbar and mounts. The Cap'n
sublime74
Jake:

Thanks, what pump should I use and who sells it?
Jake Raby
I sell them.....

www.type4store.com
sublime74
The website you gave says your dry sump pumps are in the design and research stage.

Do you have a picture of what the setup looks like on one of your FP racers?
Jake Raby
email productdevelopment@aircooledtechnology.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.