Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possiable Rattle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Right now I've got the heat exchangers and muffler out of the car, and on the drivers side, the acutal exchanger which wraps the tubes is loose. In fear of rattle I want to do something about it, so what can I do short of welding it back to the tubes? Can I just use some epoxy or something?
Thanks,
Eric
Brad Roberts
It doesnt weld to the tubes... its "clamped" from the factory. You might be able to re-pinch the weak area's and spot weld them...but it wont hold. I have yet to see a home fix work for any length of time.

B
Dave_Darling
One that worked pretty well for my old 1.8 for a few years (1 of driving, 2+ of sitting) was to put large hose clamps around the individual tubes at the back. The "wrapper" part had rusted away right at the back, the way they all seem to eventually, and a couple of hose clamps pushed the wrapper forward a bit and provided a large enough surface to keep the wrapper from rattling.

The correct solution, though, is a set of SSIs. biggrin.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.