Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorado Drive (pics)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
BMartin914
I didn't say you didn't have a good excuse Brant. wink.gif
Gint
QUOTE (brant @ Oct 3 2005, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Oct 3 2005, 08:04 AM)
You do notice that this trip included all but one of the CO people who were at the RRC WITHOUT their 914s.

Nice pictures guys!
Dan, nice to see you driving.
Ben, I'm glad she is running
Greg... sweeeet... I love the copper
(hey you gonna do 2nd creek or not?)

So in reference to me being the only rrc guy not driving a 914 this weekend... phhhoooeey:

See how I rate?
TROJANMAN
that's funny, i was thinking the same thing.
Gint's first time driving his own 914 in some time, and no acknowledgement. where's the respect. chairfall.gif
brant
QUOTE (Gint @ Oct 3 2005, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (brant @ Oct 3 2005, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Oct 3 2005, 08:04 AM)
You do notice that this trip included all but one of the CO people who were at the RRC WITHOUT their 914s.

Nice pictures guys!
Dan, nice to see you driving.
Ben, I'm glad she is running
Greg... sweeeet... I love the copper
(hey you gonna do 2nd creek or not?)

So in reference to me being the only rrc guy not driving a 914 this weekend... phhhoooeey:

See how I rate?

oh.. BS..
I like that green car and you know it!

what do you think is plaguing the motor?
can I come over and help tinker?

brant
Gint
QUOTE (brant @ Oct 3 2005, 05:57 PM)
what do you think is plaguing the motor?
can I come over and help tinker?

If you don't have any thing else to do. LOL. Ben is coming over tomorrow around 6-ish so we can swap dizzies with his car..

It still fires a couple of times and then won't start and run.
I got the car on jackstands and stable. All I did after that by the time it got dark was to verify that the pump energizes electrically upon turning the key and when cranking it has a full 12 volts.

The right rear suspension console ear does have some rust AND the control arm shaft appears to be broken. The nut doesn't move, but the arm and the shaft do. About a 1/4 of an inch. No wonder the ass end was loose and the wheel bearing howling. I'm going to post local for a right side suspension arm. That thing will have to be replaced before I can really drive it again. I didn't realize it was that bad.
TROJANMAN
maybe it's a good thing that a_ _ was slowing us down on those curves. glad you made it home safe.
SpecialK
(home sick)

sad2.gif

Great pics guys! Last time I was at Summit Lake was like....uh....July 1978 huh.gif , seems like the glaciers have melted quite a bit since I saw them last. Some pretty cool roads out there for sure, like the front side of Look Out Mountain (LOOK OUT!! ohmy.gif ), or the road heading up to Boulder Falls..... driving.gif Everything east of the foothills blows.......or maybe it's cause Kansas sucks! biggrin.gif
Coogie
REAL friends help you move bodies..............and push 914's. cool.gif
Coogie
"moving bodies.............and 914's" was in refrence to Gint...... wavey.gif

This is Michelle by the way: I'm not used to posting yet. I suppose I'll just have to post more , to get the hang of it.
Gint
QUOTE (Coogie @ Oct 4 2005, 02:58 AM)
"moving bodies.............and 914's" was in refrence to Gint...... wavey.gif

This is Michelle by the way: I'm not used to posting yet. I suppose I'll just have to post more , to get the hang of it.

Hi Michelle! We missed you Sunday.
Coogie
[QUOTE]

Next time count me in...................I'm gettin' addicted to the speed of a 914. That and THEY are awesome cars... driving-girl.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Coogie @ Oct 4 2005, 11:59 PM)
[QUOTE]

Next time count me in...................I'm gettin' addicted to the speed of a 914. That and THEY are awesome cars... driving-girl.gif

well, i don't know how awesome they are when they spend half their time on jackstands. biggrin.gif
but they sure are awesome when they work lol2.gif
BMartin914
She needs to learn to drive a manual transmission first. Then learn how to drive the Porsche's transmission. Then maybe she can really find out how much fun they are TO DRIVE!!!

Oh yeah, did I mention...mine works again...really well!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
TROJANMAN
is this your michelle? (ben)

good news about the car Ben clap.gif
brant
Ben,

what did you and Gint find?
was it a timing/advance issue?
inquiring minds want to know.

brant
BMartin914
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 5 2005, 09:18 AM)
is this your michelle? (ben)

good news about the car Ben clap.gif

Yes it's my Michelle. I'm not safe anymore. wink.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (brant @ Oct 5 2005, 09:40 AM)
Ben,

what did you and Gint find?
was it a timing/advance issue?
inquiring minds want to know.

brant

Timing was off for some reason.

About 5 degrees retarded.

I can't believe that that cured it, but I'm driving it today! driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.