Ben's car @13,000 feet
the weather was 85 in Denver

and 38 at Summit Lake with a 12 degree windchill
TROJANMAN
forgot the pic
TROJANMAN
Dan's car (formerly Mark G's)
TROJANMAN
Gint's Car didn't quite make it to Summit Lake. we had to come back down to 12,000 feet to pick it up later.
TROJANMAN
another
TROJANMAN
denver's down there somewhere (left hand corner)
the mile high city from 2 1/2 miles up
TROJANMAN
Dan on the way UP
TROJANMAN
I love my car. wub.gif
TROJANMAN
Gint, PATIENTLY, waiting to pass.........
TROJANMAN
Going UP . no side rails after 10,000 feet
TROJANMAN
"Autumn" in Autumn smile.gif
TROJANMAN
Pit Stop
TROJANMAN
On the road Again
TROJANMAN
rolleyes.gif
TINCAN914
Gregor,

Beautiful pics.... I was in Colorado Springs last week..Beautiful weather!!!!
Hey I have a question for you. What's the job market out there like? I use to llive in the springs from80-84, and then moved back to California, and have been thinking about the posability of moving back...
TROJANMAN
back home wink.gif
Gint
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 2 2005, 05:28 PM)
Gint's Car didn't quite make it to Summit Lake.  we had to come back down to 12,000 feet to pick it up later.

Nah, I looked it up. The car had to have made it to at least 12,750. Summit Lake is at 13,000 feet, and we were almost there!

The car quit again at 120th. and Washington. Nick (my 13 year old) and I had to push across the intersection and into a parking lot. It's only 3 miles or so from the house, so I hadf my wife come pick us up. We'll have to go back over there in a little bit to get it home.

Nick is a trooper. Without him, I would have called AAA at 09:45 and never made it today. Thanks for the help guys! You have to love people that will help push your car uphill at somewhere around 12,500 feet!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Gint @ Oct 2 2005, 04:13 PM)

Thanks for the help guys! You have to love people that will help push your car uphill at somewhere around 12,500 feet!

no problem. i almost died from cardiac arrest, but no problem. clap.gif
Gint
Gotta go beat on the starter some more and see if we can finish the trip.

I'll post my pics later if they aren't really dupes of yours. Thanks for posting them Greg!
Aaron Cox
anyone have carbs? and made it to 12'000 feet? dry.gif
TROJANMAN
i think we were all 2.0 FI. and we made it to 13,000 feet.
we were hoping for 14,000 feet, but the road closes after labor day. sad.gif

it's the highest paved road in north america. smilie_pokal.gif
scottb
beautiful pics... makes me home sick.

left for the east coast 5 years ago and i am still looking over my shoulder at what i left. too bad there isn't much call for what i do back there.....

some day me and my car will return to CO.....

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
jsteele22
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 2 2005, 04:49 PM)
"Autumn" in Autumn smile.gif

Man, what a cutie ! Hard not to smile with her.

Anyway fantastic pics, Greg. Looks like a fun trip, and nice to see you Denver guys do drive 914s sometimes happy11.gif

I had a mini-expedition to Woodland Park for breakfast, but it was like rush hour all the way up the pass. So I turned around and came back down to the Springs. Unfortunately, I forgot about needing to have a cold engine for valve adjustments. I'll have to do that tomorrow...

Oh, and I guess I'm officially a member of the "bang your starter" club.

Cheers,
Jeff
Gint
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 2 2005, 06:22 PM)
anyone have carbs? and made it to 12'000 feet?  <_<

No carbs, and I'll say it again, 13,000 feet. We even had pictures to prove it. wacko.gif Summit Lake

I give up. Even after sitting for two hours, it still won't start. I just called AAA. Just like all day today, it fires a couple of times every time we turn it over, but now it will not run. Screw it.
Ferg
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Oct 2 2005, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 2 2005, 04:49 PM)
"Autumn" in Autumn  :)

Man, what a cutie ! Hard not to smile with her.

Anyway fantastic pics, Greg. Looks like a fun trip, and nice to see you Denver guys do drive 914s sometimes happy11.gif

I had a mini-expedition to Woodland Park for breakfast, but it was like rush hour all the way up the pass. So I turned around and came back down to the Springs. Unfortunately, I forgot about needing to have a cold engine for valve adjustments. I'll have to do that tomorrow...

Oh, and I guess I'm officially a member of the "bang your starter" club.

Cheers,
Jeff

Great pics everyone... smilie_pokal.gif

Jeff, I waved at you as you were cruzing through Manitou Springs Saturday night!!! I was there with the family walking down the sidwalk when I heard the sound of out of adjustment valves coming up behind me rolleyes.gif laugh.gif Just kidding... I waved and yelled but you were history.

Ferg
seanery
This picture really shows the beauty of this color drooley.gif
user posted image
Gint
Don't know why, but I liked this pic.
Gint
Group shot... dupe of Greg's
TROJANMAN
i think we all saw this sign and sped up driving.gif
Gint
Killer views today
Gint
Summit Lake sans the "Beater 914".
Gint
Summit Lake
TROJANMAN
sean,
you baited me into posting one more pic of my car. thanks for liking the copper wink.gif
Gint
The view down the back side. I've taken this picture many times over the years, but this is the first digital shot.
Gint
Summmit Lake, different angle.
TROJANMAN
nice scenic shots Gint. cool_shades.gif
i missed that mountain view shot (looking north).
Gint
And the "Beater 914", 2.7 miles from home.
Gint
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 2 2005, 09:16 PM)
sean,
you baited me into posting one more pic of my car. thanks for liking the copper wink.gif

It is a nice looking car. I like the copper too. wub.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Gint @ Oct 2 2005, 07:21 PM)

did you mean to say you have a 2.7 waiting for you at home? biggrin.gif

(and thanks gint)
Gint
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 2 2005, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Oct 2 2005, 07:21 PM)

did you mean to say you have a 2.7 waiting for you at home? biggrin.gif

(and thanks gint)

Well I do have a 2.7 waiting in the garage, but... no.

It quit for the last time 2.7 miles from my house. Nick and I had to push it out of the *busy* intersection over to the strip mall parking lot. 2.7 miles from home made it convenient to go home and wait from AAA to call me rather than sit in that parking lot.
Teknon
WOW, What fun. boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

Nice pics, wish I was there.

Joe
dlo914
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 2 2005, 07:13 PM)
i think we all saw this sign and sped up driving.gif

idea.gif hmm... i'm making a shirt w/ a similar sign biggrin.gif here's the T-Shirt Thread
VegasRacer
Very nice guys. (p.s. you suck) smile.gif
Last week the Red Rocks Classic.
This week the Colorado Mountains.
What do you have planned for next week?
BMartin914
You do notice that this trip included all but one of the CO people who were at the RRC WITHOUT their 914s.

We just had to get them out...and mine runs, sans a small problem with NO power below 3000!!

Great pics guys, yesterday was a blast, we'll have to do that again soon, if we can beat the snow. Who knows around here though.

Greg: Autumn is so incredibly cute. Those pics of her in your car with the hat and sunglasses are precious. Your car looks great with those Fuchs.

Gint: Good to see your car running (for the most part). The hiccups just added to the day. Well, until you got 2.7 miles from home. Nick was great though. He deserves a pat on the back for his efforts. Great Jr. mechanic.

Dan: It was great to meet you and see your car - finally. I had been wanting to see that thing ever since it made it's way to CO. Glad to see you come out.

I think everyobody has already posted pics of what I have so nothing from me this time. Too bad I don't have a pic of the car billowing smoke off of the heat exchangers after every stop. That would have made a nice one. wink.gif
brant
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Oct 3 2005, 08:04 AM)
You do notice that this trip included all but one of the CO people who were at the RRC WITHOUT their 914s.

Nice pictures guys!
Dan, nice to see you driving.
Ben, I'm glad she is running
Greg... sweeeet... I love the copper
(hey you gonna do 2nd creek or not?)

So in reference to me being the only rrc guy not driving a 914 this weekend... phhhoooeey:
TROJANMAN
you took your car to florida? what's with the pink flamingos? and why are some of the cars going backwards? lol2.gif

was this your endurance run? how did you like it?
brant
Hey...
are you going to 2nd creek?

(said in a loud booming voice)

flamingo's are the corner workers signature joke.

the backward cars are because you can see 3 seperate corners on the track from that angle.

I'm going to start another thread and bombard the club with pictures. I made a big screw up and lost about 10 positions in the race... (but hey I'm a rookie)

don't care really... had an absolute BLAST
man it was fun!

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.