Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would anyone happen to have this part?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
the outboard motor mounts that hold up the engine bar:
Aaron Cox
how did you destroy yours??

Call pelican... or find a parts car.... wink.gif
ClayPerrine
Use a pair of these. Competetion motor mount on the Bird.

mount them with the boss pointed up, and the side shifter bar will bolt right up.
dlo914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 3 2005, 01:38 PM)
how did you destroy yours??

Call pelican... or find a parts car.... wink.gif

both nuts & bolts holding the engine bar in place were heavy seized dry.gif sad.gif
michel richard
Or make some. Buy some square steel tubing of the right size, saw one side off. Saw and file to shape. Drill holes.

dlo914
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 3 2005, 01:39 PM)

mount them with the boss pointed up, and the side shifter bar will bolt right up.

would you happen to have the exact link? instead of the link to the image...
dlo914
QUOTE (michel richard @ Oct 3 2005, 02:02 PM)
Or make some. Buy some square steel tubing of the right size, saw one side off. Saw and file to shape. Drill holes.

hmm good idea!
machina
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 3 2005, 04:39 PM)

won't that move the front end of the entire drivetrain upwards about .75" ?
michel richard
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Oct 3 2005, 02:14 PM)
Or make some.   Buy some square steel tubing of the right size, saw one side off.  Saw and file to shape.  Drill holes.

hmm good idea!

I'm cheap and the hardware store is the cheapest (and quickest) source for parts! Just make sure you buy a new hacksaw blade. They're cheap too, and a new one will make a world of difference. Get 18 or 24 teeth per inch, no more.
dlo914
QUOTE (michel richard @ Oct 3 2005, 02:20 PM)
Or make some.   Buy some square steel tubing of the right size, saw one side off.  Saw and file to shape.  Drill holes.

hmm good idea!

I'm cheap and the hardware store is the cheapest (and quickest) source for parts! Just make sure you buy a new hacksaw blade. They're cheap too, and a new one will make a world of difference. Get 18 or 24 teeth per inch, no more.

sadly, ive only got a jigsaw. dry.gif BUT a metal cutting blade on that thing works just fine. Does anyone know the size and length of the bolts that are required for this application?
Dave_Darling
Mister PET says:

N 010 472 4 BOLT HEX-HD.M 10 X 85 (that's the big bolt through the middle)

900 075 085 02 BOLT HEX-HD.M 8 X 20 (those are the little ones through the sides of the mount)

--DD
michel richard
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Oct 3 2005, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (michel richard @ Oct 3 2005, 02:20 PM)

hmm good idea!

sadly, ive only got a jigsaw. dry.gif BUT a metal cutting blade on that thing works just fine. Does anyone know the size and length of the bolts that are required for this application?

Get a hand hacksaw. They're cheap. And with a sharp blade, with a low tooth count, it's amazing how quickly you will saw through square tubing. I'm sure people don't use hand saws only because they've never used one with a good fresh blade.
dlo914
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 3 2005, 03:17 PM)
Mister PET says:

N 010 472 4 BOLT HEX-HD.M 10 X 85 (that's the big bolt through the middle)

900 075 085 02 BOLT HEX-HD.M 8 X 20 (those are the little ones through the sides of the mount)

--DD

thanks Dave!!! smilie_pokal.gif
dlo914
now for sure im gonna make these mounts rather than spending $20+ on a set wink.gif
dlo914
could someone get the dimensions of piece #9? TIA! smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
takle a piece of thick paper....

put it against theouter body mounts... and trace the 2 small holes.
then MEASURE the distance, center to cener of these holes.. and mark the middle. now drill your big hole
Triaddave
$20+ seems alot easier to me. i'm sure i have a box load of them. for the +, i'd even run them through the bead blaster, you pay shipping.
dbledsoe
I PM'd you that I have the mounts minus the bolts but got no reply. Perhaps I should have mentioned that they would only cost you the actual postage. huh.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (dbledsoe @ Oct 4 2005, 09:10 AM)
I PM'd you that I have the mounts minus the bolts but got no reply. Perhaps I should have mentioned that they would only cost you the actual postage. huh.gif

how much for shipping? wink.gif
dbledsoe
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Oct 4 2005, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (dbledsoe @ Oct 4 2005, 09:10 AM)
I PM'd you that I have the mounts minus the bolts but got no reply.  Perhaps I should have mentioned that they would only cost you the actual postage. huh.gif

how much for shipping? wink.gif

I'm pretty sure that Priority Mail would be $3.85. They don't weight much. I can dig them out tonight box them and calulate shipping if you let me know your zip code.
dlo914
PM'd w/ Address
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.