Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I want to buy this ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I'm not sure but it sure looks just like the flange on my 1.7/1.8 exhaust.
SLITS
It's the street Bursch...I have one....nice setup...go for it!
jimkelly
The problem is that I have a rusty steel 1.7 HE's on my 1976 2.0 now with a leaky banana muffler. I have a pair of 1973/74 2.0 SS HE's in storage. Jim

Does anyone know if the inner diameter of the 1.7 HE's would reduce HP output of a 2.0??
Dave_Darling
Looks a lot like a Bursch. There's a version that fits 2.0 exchangers; I thought there was a version for the 1.7 ones as well. Can't tell from the pic which that is (if indeed there is a 1.7 one).

The 1.7 HE's will probably reduce the power a little bit, but I doubt it'll be much. Probably not enough to feel, and certainly less than the 75-76 exhaust did in the first place.

--DD
SLITS
Supposedly, the diameter of the SS HE's are all the same (not true with the steel ones).

There is reported to be a gain going from the steel 1.7/1.8 to the steel 2.0

Remmember, you need the HEs, muffler bracket and muffler to make the change.
bondo
Looks like a 2.0 muffler to me. (upside down though) See how the flange is below the outlet? Well 2.0 HEs go straight back, and 1.7/1.8 HEs make an S curve upward. If that muffler were for 1.7/1.8, the flange would be at least partially behind the muffler part in that view (remember, it's upside down).
Aaron Cox
thow your 2.0 HE's on and get a triad.

www.triadwestperformance.com
bondo
Here's a pic of a similar muffler but for 1.7/1.8. See how the flange is right up against the muffler and the brace is much shorter? Also not the S curve at the rear of the HEs. The 2.0 goes straight back, so you can see why the flange would end up farther from the muffler.
jimkelly
I'm convinced the muffler in question is for 1973/74 2.0.

Thanks,

Jim

wilchek
Jim, I have a 1.7 with that similar muffler. Take a look at the pictures. If you need more let me know. In the one picture you can see how it stick out from the bottom of the rear bumper.
wilchek
sticking out the bottom
wilchek
one more
wilchek
last one, I think this flage is closer than the one u are looking at, good luck

Header Side
North Bay 914
I just scored this from the bay, IT ROCKS, makes my stock 2.0 think its a BIG BLOCK CHEVY ! I could not be happier...now to make a custom valance for it...
jd74914
what is it?
North Bay 914
Its a stock 914 muffler, with the cookie cutter mega phones welded on, and the stock tip removed. It sounds so good, I can not believe its a 4 cyl Type IV when you get on the gas.

I think I may try to make another. A friend of mine at work is a great TIG welder.
snflupigus
sound clip?

how loud is a stock 2.0 with glasspacked megaphones straight out?

I've been thinking of running a crossed glasspack setup sort of like the original 69 camaro's had optional? Anybody know what I'm talking about? ok... here is what I'm talking about...

user posted image

user posted image

I just want to know if it will be throaty and loud. I want loud. but i want throaty too..

Thanks..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.